+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feels flat

Feels flat

Is it just me or does the club feel really flat at the moment? Media team are barely posting anything, no signings for weeks now, no information, just feels really flat and not like the new season being upon us? Even the kit launch felt half hearted?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Is it just me or does the club feel really flat at the moment? Media team are barely posting anything, no signings for weeks now, no information, just feels really flat and not like the new season being upon us? Even the kit launch felt half hearted?

if it helps CBP shall Myself, Elite and Laddo start a prolonged row/discussion !

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Not just you

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    Not just you

ok here goes ! Laddo smells !

It'll all feel better when Jesse Lingard signs for Notts tomorrow and starts for us on Tuesday.

I can't help but feel the same unfortunately.

From reading various reports from those at the game and listening to LW's interview, it seems Notts are in something of a pickle.

Here we are with just over two weeks until the season starts and we've managed to find ourselves with a strike force consisting of the apparently injury-prone and unfortunately useless, in the case of Mitchell, a midfield that is as lightweight as ever and a defence that is still entirely susceptible to shooting itself in the foot by aimlessly passing the ball around the back line, inevitably giving it away and conceding stupid goals in the process.

LW's interviews are certainly refreshing after the monotonous diatribe that Burchnall served up on a regular basis last season, but there is absolutely no point in constantly saying how disappointed you are with certain aspects of performances if you don't amend such issues; and I'm yet to see any evidence that suggests LW will be any more successful than his predecessors in that regard - if anything, performances have regressed as preseason has gone on and the same issues still plague us regularly...

If bringing in an ageing journeyman is the best solution he has, I have little faith that this season will be anything but a boring repeat of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    if it helps CBP shall Myself, Elite and Laddo start a prolonged row/discussion !
    Nah! We need something different

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Nah! We need something different

oooooh , in that case , Laddo doesn't smell !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I can't help but feel the same unfortunately.

From reading various reports from those at the game and listening to LW's interview, it seems Notts are in something of a pickle.

Here we are with just over two weeks until the season starts and we've managed to find ourselves with a strike force consisting of the apparently injury-prone and unfortunately useless, in the case of Mitchell, a midfield that is as lightweight as ever and a defence that is still entirely susceptible to shooting itself in the foot by aimlessly passing the ball around the back line, inevitably giving it away and conceding stupid goals in the process.

LW's interviews are certainly refreshing after the monotonous diatribe that Burchnall served up on a regular basis last season, but there is absolutely no point in constantly saying how disappointed you are with certain aspects of performances if you don't amend such issues; and I'm yet to see any evidence that suggests LW will be any more successful than his predecessors in that regard - if anything, performances have regressed as preseason has gone on and the same issues still plague us regularly...

If bringing in an ageing journeyman is the best solution he has, I have little faith that this season will be anything but a boring repeat of last season.
    You thought last season was "boring"? I guess an unsuccessful playoff campaign is the most likely result this season so in that respect it would be a 'repeat' of last season.

To me it's feels like a preseason.

Maybe Notts should have evenly spread out the signings instead of doing all that transfer business early doors and leaving a period of nothingness afterwards to keep the fanbase happier?

I'm not sure what people expect. It's pre-season. So far we've signed a bunch of players, launched a new kit, hired a new head coach, and played a bunch of friendlies - just like any other pre-season really.

Obviously, nothing we do is of any significance to the local media, who are more likely to report on a Forest player having an ingrowing toenail than anything Notts-related. But that's not exactly new either.

We'll probably make another signing or two in the coming weeks. Last season we signed Matty Palmer towards the end of pre-season. We'll probably go on to lose in the playoffs.

What's the problem?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast