+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Friday training

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Would 10 wins from the opening 10 games change peoples minds
    If only!

We only won because they got a red card
    We didn't deserve to win
    They had their best players out

I honestly think we need that midfielder we all talk about
    However a Kyle Cameron type player could sit in there so maybe we have that player in the squad…
    I'm only interested in players who can play. Winning the ball back is important, but not if it means accommodating a player who cannot cope with the possession-based football.

Cameron in midfield is a terrible idea IMO. 'Cameron-type' means playing a defender out of position in midfield?
    To stave off a relegation, and as an emergency, maybe. But not to chase a promotion. If we don't have the defenders we can trust to defend, then there's no point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'm only interested in players who can play. Winning the ball back is important, but not if it means accommodating a player who cannot cope with the possession-based football.

Cameron in midfield is a terrible idea IMO. 'Cameron-type' means playing a defender out of position in midfield?
    To stave off a relegation, and as an emergency, maybe. But not to chase a promotion. If we don't have the defenders we can trust to defend, then there's no point anyway.
    I actually think Cameron would make a fantastic midfielder. He has the skills but also the height and physical presence to be a real battler. I can actually see him being a championship player in that role

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I actually think Cameron would make a fantastic midfielder. He has the skills but also the height and physical presence to be a real battler. I can actually see him being a championship player in that role
    Like most defenders of that stature, he wouldn't have the lateral movement, touch, quick decision making, turning ability, running etc. I hope we never see that because it'd mean we've lost a great defender and gained an awkward centre-mid.

Playing traditional centre backs in central midfield , even deep lying roles, has provided unsuccessful and very underwhelming at Notts.

I'm with AC, only a temporary solution in certain circumstances, but not a Top 6 aiming for promotion.

He was so damn good in the heart of our defence last season you would crazy IMO to move him anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Playing traditional centre backs in central midfield , even deep lying roles, has provided unsuccessful and very underwhelming at Notts.

I'm with AC, only a temporary solution in certain circumstances, but not a Top 6 aiming for promotion.

He was so damn good in the heart of our defence last season you would crazy IMO to move him anywhere.
    What about Bajrami?

Where did Cameron play at Torquay??

And yes Bajrami could also be an option

Where did Cameron play at Torquay??
    Left wing at one point!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    What about Bajrami?
    You tell me , is he as good in midfield as he is in defence? I have no idea.

I can only talk of what we have seen at Notts in the past, and it's not worked.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast