+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday training

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I'm afraid It doesn't seem to be a priority. Unless we are going to play square pegs in round holes..
    I think it probably is as they’ve had a couple on trial but it looks now like Notts certainly on a lot of players pre plan and analyse to make sure they want them so I don’t think they will just get someone in to make the numbers up and they also need a couple to leave to finance it. I do find it strange no one has actually left yet as LW said he believed some would go, which at the time I assumed that would be at least 3.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I think it probably is as they’ve had a couple on trial but it looks now like Notts certainly on a lot of players pre plan and analyse to make sure they want them so I don’t think they will just get someone in to make the numbers up and they also need a couple to leave to finance it. I do find it strange no one has actually left yet as LW said he believed some would go, which at the time I assumed that would be at least 3.
    What makes you think they need players to leave before signing anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Apart from the 3 CM we had on trial already? No, they have no clue.
    They must have the impression that most teams in the division are full of twinkle toed fancy dans, so on that basis we dont really need a combative type of player...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I'm afraid It doesn't seem to be a priority. Unless we are going to play square pegs in round holes..
    We have enough CM to not play players out of position but I'd argue we don't have the right mix of CM players for what we need

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    What makes you think they need players to leave before signing anyone?
    Just get the feeling they want to run it right and not have a bloated squad and I agree, it’s no good having players moping around with no chance of game time and obviously the financial implications, the total opposite of what a previous owner did. I think they will possibly bring in 1 maybe 2 but I doubt for example it would be 3 or 4 without players going.

Exactly. I'm not sure how many qualifies as bloated but I strongly believe having an overly bloated squad is very detrimental.

Plus the financial side of things, albeit unknown to us mere fans (and rightly so) the owners clearly don't come across as anywhere near reckless , thank the lord. Therefore they are unlikely IMO to keep bringing in players on "very decent wages" without moving some out the other way.

Seems logical and very fair to me.

[QUOTE=BanjoPie;40080721];
    Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I think, well hope, banjo was saying that with tongue firmly in cheek#BOD

[QUOTE=laddo;40080915]
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post

Playoffs again Woody?
    I think so Laddo, I don't have the confidence in the squad to predict anything other than a fifth spot finish. Unfortunately with same outcome.

Yup.

I'd suggest a unsuccessful playoff campaign is the likeliest outcome this season as it was last.

Would 10 wins from the opening 10 games change peoples minds

I honestly think we need that midfielder we all talk about
    However a Kyle Cameron type player could sit in there so maybe we have that player in the squad…
    As I’ve said before,unless we’re aiming for top spot then cheerio

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast