+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where will we finish?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will we finish 2022/23?

Where will we finish 2022/23?

As the title suggests, this is a prediction thread as to where you think we will finish this season. Your vote will only be registered if you click on one of the options. You can either vote anonymously or make your prediction public and give your reasons on the thread, entirely up to you. Always good to look back on at the end of the season.

Poll closes before our first game.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 22-07-2022 at 08:51 PM.

I am going to wait until August the 5th before making my prediction, see if there are any more ins and outs... perhaps this could do with pinning at the top for a while @Swale
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-07-2022 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    I am going to wait until August the 5th before making my prediction, see if there are any more ins and outs... perhaps this could do with pinning at the top for a while @Swale
    Good call. I'll make a prediction when our squad is finalised - ie - just before the first game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    Done

EDIT: I've unstuck it for now as I'm not sure anyone will notice it up there. What does everyone else think?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-07-2022 at 12:17 AM.

Based on current squad we should scrape playoffs. We sign a few more decent ones I may change my opinion. As it stands regression more likely than progression.

Gone with an optimistic 2nd, as much as I would to see Wrexham & their cocky fans fail miserably I struggle to see beyond them to win it, other than that I think the league looks weaker this season.

Notts have never finished in the same position three seasons in a row, but that must be a strong possibility now so I'm going to go for 5th.

We could actually be worse this season but finish higher if the two coming down are weaker than Grimsby and Stockport and the three teams who finished above us that are still in tier 5 aren't as good this time around. Solihull have form for being somewhat schizophrenic, Wrexham appear to have lost some of their impetus and Halifax probably won't do as well (last season being their best since 2006).

Normally in a football free summer I'm absolutely desperate to see the new season begin, but I've never felt so unenthusiastic about the game, to the point I'm almost dreading it....that's largely to do with Fword rather than Notts. I'm not looking forward to the hysteria over them upsetting one of the big clubs in the early months of the campaign. Obviously I'm very much hoping they'll do a Norwich but a lot of promoted clubs to the top level do very well before the notoriously difficult second season.

I've gone for 4th, I think we're still missing a midfielder who can put his foot in.

I’ve gone for 3rd, but that’s heart over head. I fear we are destined to spend every pre-season until the end of time bemoaning the lack of a ball-winning, header-winning midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I’ve gone for 3rd, but that’s heart over head. I fear we are destined to spend every pre-season until the end of time bemoaning the lack of a ball-winning, header-winning midfielder.

I'm going with my standard pre-season prediction, usually shattered after the first game. Runaway leaders. This assumes our strikers being fit, and signing that ball winning midfielder......

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast