+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- England women

O/T:- England women

Through to the final on Sunday. What a result against the team ranked second in the world. Great backheeled goal too.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-07-2022 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Through to the final on Sunday. What a result against the team ranked second in the world. Great backheeled goal too.
    I've watched the competition all the way through, Cher. England are playing some really nice stuff and are far more enjoyable to watch than the Men's team and their boring, sterile football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/62314033

That's great to hear County, haven't been able to watch much, but that second half last night was something else. As was the players' joy at the end. Ian Wright said this was as proud as he'd ever been of an England team.

Much less cheating and rolling around on the floor too.

That's great to hear County, haven't been able to watch much, but that second half last night was something else. As was the players' joy at the end. Ian Wright said this was as proud as he'd ever been of an England team.

Much less cheating and rolling around on the floor too.
    It's been fantastic to watch Cher, so much talent throughout the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It's been fantastic to watch Cher, so much talent throughout the squad.
    I don't think I've ever wanted an England team to win a tournament more than this particular side - so much to admire about them. The game last night was a joy to watch once that first goal went in.

Very much hoping that I get to see England Ladies lift the world cup in Australia next year. An oxymoron on many levels for me.

Swale, can I ask what you've amended in my post? All I can see that's changed is an extra hyphen, but ':-' went out of use years ago as punctuation, so I don't think it's that is it? Cheers pal.

I’ve followed the whole tournament. It’s been what sport for spectators should be – entertaining. I wouldn’t cross the room to turn on the TV to watch the tippy-tappy, sideways and backwards, boring fare served up by the England men’s team. I wonder if the misogynists who poo poo women’s football also ignore women’s athletics, tennis, golf, cricket etc.

Attacking at pace, wingers taking on and beating the opposition, crosses coming in from both wings, I hope we see some of this sort of play from the Magpies this season.

Roll on Sunday! Come on England!

Swale, can I ask what you've amended in my post? All I can see that's changed is an extra hyphen, but ':-' went out of use years ago as punctuation, so I don't think it's that is it? Cheers pal.
    Yes that's it, plus the stroke (or 'slash' as they seem to call it nowadays!) I do it pretty much daily to keep it consistent and have for years (if you look through a few pages of thread titles you'll see it). The extra hyphen is simply to separate the text further from the prefix visually and the stroke is just to open the width of the prefix a little more.

I always fill in the 'reason for editing' as a courtesy whatever I do on here. The style of the prefix is really to help those who don't want to read off topic posts to scan faster. You're the first to even notice I think!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-07-2022 at 11:15 AM.

I manage a girls team and the amount of girls getting into football has exploded in the last few years.
    A lot of them don’t watch the game which means they aren’t preconditioned to cheat, dive, argue with refs etc.
    They really get stuck in and only fall to the floor when it’s unavoidable.
    The mens game could learn a lot about integrity and honest competition, but I fear as more money and limelight floods into the women’s game, it will go the same way.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast