+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheeky bet

Yes I saw that yesterday, a remarkable drop from 25-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    A nice double, 25 -1 Langstaff top NL scorer and Notts without Wrexham to win league 7-1. £10 bet returns £2080
    Wondering how you get this bet on? Related contingency means you won’t get paid out at those odds.

I somehow got distracted from putting this bet on. When I got around to it after our Maidenhead United win, I could not put the bet on and did wonder why. I was doubly disappointed, a) couldnt get the bet on, b) the odds had been cut on both bets 😡. The related contingency rule, explains everything, thanks for pointing this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I somehow got distracted from putting this bet on.
    Anyone who did take the early odds will have great cash out opportunities as the odds have fallen markedly:

Langstaff top scorer 25/1 down to 5/2
    Notts to win (without Wrexham) 7/1 down to 5/2
    Top 3 finish 11/4 down to 8/11
    Top 7 finish 8/11 down to 1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Anyone who did take the early odds will have great cash out opportunities as the odds have fallen markedly:

Langstaff top scorer 25/1 down to 5/2
    Notts to win (without Wrexham) 7/1 down to 5/2
    Top 3 finish 11/4 down to 8/11
    Top 7 finish 8/11 down to 1/10
    As remarkable as Notts' transformation has been since the team got booed v Chesterfield, I'd have to back Wrexham for the title at this stage. The home game against them is coming up on the horizon though, which could have a huge impact on the course of the season going into the winter months. I was going to say it's a pity it's on a Tuesday night, but then it could be one of those special nights at the lane that brings back memories of Bristol Rovers and Rochdale.

Although very much early doors, seeing Notts at 1/10 for Top 7 really is a wonderful sight.

I'd agree with UTM regarding Wrexham , although Chesterfield beating them at home, and being unfortunate not to win when drawing at Notts is clearly the most impressive start to date.

Still gonna wait for usual 10 league games before grading Notts or any club.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Although very much early doors, seeing Notts at 1/10 for Top 7 really is a wonderful sight.

I'd agree with UTM regarding Wrexham , although Chesterfield beating them at home, and being unfortunate not to win when drawing at Notts is clearly the most impressive start to date.

Still gonna wait for usual 10 league games before grading Notts or any club.
    Adam Virgo said in commentary yesterday that Notts and Chesterfield are the stand out teams so far. He also stated that Wrexham have been picking up points despite not performing well.

I’ll let my tenner on Langstaff ride and hope he continues in his current form!

Let it ride indeed, it's £10/£20 season long bet after all, no point diluting the fun.

Plus traditionally the bookmaker I use offer poor and very conservative cash outs for these sorts of bets.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Let it ride indeed, it's £10/£20 season long bet after all, no point diluting the fun.
    Difficult one, the Langstaff bet looks rock solid at this stage, but there are a couple of caveats. One is that (worst case) he might get a Tshimanga type injury, the other is that if he continues scoring at this rate there will be an awful lot of clubs sniffing around in January. All of those clubs will be higher than the NL, so any goals he scores if he goes won't count for the bet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast