+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notts radio situation

Notts radio situation

Just been reading about how Mansfield are now on 95.5 on Radio Nottingham.

I must admit to not listening to Notts on the radio, every single time I have done previously we've conceded immediately after. But because of that, im not sure if that switch affects notts' radio coverage at all?

My grandad always listens to commentaries of away games on the radio, and he's hardly "connected' so all of the online radio services are out of the question. I'd just like to let him know whether we're still going to be on the radio or whether we've been relegated to the spot Manfield once occupied, with the occasional updates and stuff, if anyone knows of course.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Just been reading about how Mansfield are now on 95.5 on Radio Nottingham.

I must admit to not listening to Notts on the radio, every single time I have done previously we've conceded immediately after. But because of that, im not sure if that switch affects notts' radio coverage at all?

My grandad always listens to commentaries of away games on the radio, and he's hardly "connected' so all of the online radio services are out of the question. I'd just like to let him know whether we're still going to be on the radio or whether we've been relegated to the spot Manfield once occupied, with the occasional updates and stuff, if anyone knows of course.

Thanks in advance.
    We are on via BBC Sport website, every match.

We got booted off 95.5 ages ago for Forest. We are on DAB and online. Interesting that they've taken stuff off Forest though, they seem to be blowing smoke up them at any opportunity
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-07-2022 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Fixed typos for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    We got booted off 95.5 ages ago for Forest. We are on DAB and online. Interesting that they've took stuff of Forest though, they seem to be blowing smoke up then at any opportunity
    Okay thanks.

We're on DAB radio every game, far better than that old fashioned FM marlarky. Luckily I don't imagine people in Mansfield will have a DAB radio let alone know how to tune it

And we've got the best commentary team by some considerable distance, so we don't do bad out of it

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    And we've got the best commentary team by some considerable distance, so we don't do bad out of it
    Absolutely. After Colin retired there was a good chance I'd lose interest altogether, given the state of the club, but I must say it's always a pleasure to listen to Charlie and Stall whether Notts are doing well or otherwise.

Can't begrudge Stags getting BBC commentaries at long last, they deserve it, If it's Jake Garner, then he should quickly improve doing it week in week out, as opposed to only commentating on the odd Notts match when Charlie is unavailable.

I listen through Piesplayer (I'm a Johnny Foreigner) if I can't hear it through Radio Nottingham.

Looks like we've been booted from DAB as well now. I'd sack off all local media outlets from now on

We haven't. On the rare occasion Forest play at the same time as us they will be on DAB and Notts online. Notts on DAB and online all other times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast