+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: League Table

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Win by 2 at Coventry and we would have been 2nd. That must have been our best league position for years if not ever!
    Not quite. Top of the Championship after the 6-0 win at Millwall was our highest ever at the end of a game. Equates to 21st in the FL pyramid.

The BBC table shows us and Cov & WBA all on one point and no goal difference (we all drew our first games 1-1) but WBA are higher than us??

Since when has away goals been mentioned. When your well into the season, who is going to separate the home and away goals scored or conceded and which ones take precedence??

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    The BBC table shows us and Cov & WBA all on one point and no goal difference (we all drew our first games 1-1) but WBA are higher than us??

Since when has away goals been mentioned. When your well into the season, who is going to separate the home and away goals scored or conceded and which ones take precedence??

EFL answer to my original post:

Thank you for your e-mail.

As per EFL Regulations there is a method for determining League positions if Clubs are on the same number of points. The full regulation can be read here and I have copied a section below for reference:

9.2 If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored.

9.3 If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs then the highest placed Club shall be determined by reference to the following criteria, in the order prescribed:

9.3.1 number of wins;

9.3.2 goals scored in away games; or

9.3.3 in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 9.4.

Middlesbrough, Rotherham and Sunderland were at home, whereas Coventry, Swansea and West Bromwich Albion were away, and are therefore placed above Middlesbrough, Rotherham and Sunderland in the table because of this, and the further criteria outlined above.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Like I said away goals hold weight

You did, far more preferable that alphabetical

You did, far more preferable that alphabetical
    Obviously I’d be pissed off to max if we went down due to it but they (whoever put the rule in) wouldn’t lose any sleep over it

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Obviously I’d be pissed off to max if we went down due to it but they (whoever put the rule in) wouldn’t lose any sleep over it
    I wouldn't worry, it's the 6th criterion that's taken into account after points, GD, GS, records against tied teams and number of wins. It might as well be the average temperature of the steak and kidney pies for all the use it will get.

Nice to see us up to 5th with the best goal difference in the league.

Only two teams now unbeaten, the Mighty Millers and PNE. Will they ever concede a goal? Will they ever score another one? Played 6 games with 5 0-0 draws and a single 1-0 win. Must be some sort of record!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Nice to see us up to 5th with the best goal difference in the league.

Only two teams now unbeaten, the Mighty Millers and PNE. Will they ever concede a goal? Will they ever score another one? Played 6 games with 5 0-0 draws and a single 1-0 win. Must be some sort of record!
    I prefer our record of 5 unbeaten since start of season.

I prefer our record of 5 unbeaten since start of season.
    Enjoy

😆

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast