+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Open Training Session today for young Pies!

Open Training Session today for young Pies!

I took my 10 year old daughter to meadow lane today to watch the lads training
    It was a fantastic experience not only for her but for me too. The players looked really sharp with Langstaff looking fit. Frank Vincent was eye catching lu keen to impress
    We Watched the team work on different plays from set pieces to playing out from the back, and what was clear was that LW wants Notts to turn defense into attack rapidly as a unit. Also the high press will be a big thing this season
    I was extremely impressed with the fitness levels especially Adam Chicksen, he is a machine
    All the players came over to the kids at the end and signed autographs and allowed us to take pictures. What a great bunch of lads and a great experience for the kids
    Roll on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    I took my 10 year old daughter to meadow lane today to watch the lads training
    It was a fantastic experience not only for her but for me too. The players looked really sharp with Langstaff looking fit. Frank Vincent was eye catching lu keen to impress
    We Watched the team work on different plays from set pieces to playing out from the back, and what was clear was that LW wants Notts to turn defense into attack rapidly as a unit. Also the high press will be a big thing this season
    I was extremely impressed with the fitness levels especially Adam Chicksen, he is a machine
    All the players came over to the kids at the end and signed autographs and allowed us to take pictures. What a great bunch of lads and a great experience for the kids
    Roll on Saturday

Lu Keen ay, what position does he play? Apparently there was an audible sigh of relief when Matty showed up, 10 mins later than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Lu Keen ay, what position does he play? Apparently there was an audible sigh of relief when Matty showed up, 10 mins later than everyone else.
    Looking Keen lol
    There sure was a sigh of relief.

Great to see Langstaff was there and looking fit, he is going to be massively important for us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Great to see Langstaff was there and looking fit, he is going to be massively important for us this year.

In other news:

You couldn't make this up.

A football club that renamed a stand after a sponsor will change its name again, after fans pointed out it included the name of a serial killer.

Southend United sold naming rights for the West Stand at their Roots Hall ground to estate agents Gilbert & Rose.

Now when fans want to buy a ticket, the stadium plan shows availability in the Gilbert & Rose West Stand.

The football club said it was talking to the sponsor about a "different arrangement of words".

Rose West, together with her husband Fred, murdered an unknown number of people at the couple's house in Gloucester over a 20-year period from 1967.

The naming of the stand sparked a flurry of activity on social media.

In a tweet, Paul Napper said: "Only Southend United could have a sponsor for the West Stand called Gilbert & Rose, inevitably leading to the Gilbert & Rose West Stand."

Iain Macintosh, from The Athletic, tweeted: "I don't think they thought this one through".

The National League side said the company was a "fantastic local estate agent" and it was looking forward to working together.

But after being alerted to the wording of the stand, the club said it would look at different phrasing.

It added that the full wording of the stand had not been added to signage within the stadium.
    Last edited by countygump; 03-08-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    In other news:

You couldn't make this up.

A football club that renamed a stand after a sponsor will change its name again, after fans pointed out it included the name of a serial killer.

Southend United sold naming rights for the West Stand at their Roots Hall ground to estate agents Gilbert & Rose.

Now when fans want to buy a ticket, the stadium plan shows availability in the Gilbert & Rose West Stand.

The football club said it was talking to the sponsor about a "different arrangement of words".

Rose West, together with her husband Fred, murdered an unknown number of people at the couple's house in Gloucester over a 20-year period from 1967.

The naming of the stand sparked a flurry of activity on social media.

In a tweet, Paul Napper said: "Only Southend United could have a sponsor for the West Stand called Gilbert & Rose, inevitably leading to the Gilbert & Rose West Stand."

Iain Macintosh, from The Athletic, tweeted: "I don't think they thought this one through".

The National League side said the company was a "fantastic local estate agent" and it was looking forward to working together.

But after being alerted to the wording of the stand, the club said it would look at different phrasing.

It added that the full wording of the stand had not been added to signage within the stadium.
    It's marketing genius really, how much promotion have they had through this?