+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽️ VM Fantasy League 2022/2023 ⚽️

This issue came to head towards the end of last season and I think there was one particular week when there were very limited options. Those who didn’t captain a player playing against us (I think it was Spurs) ultimately paid a price so I can see the dilemma especially if we are playing in other competitive leagues. People shouldn’t feel bullied into doing something they don’t want to do. Personally I couldn’t do it.

That said, this week there are indeed quite a few options, Liverpool v Everton, Spurs v Fulham, Chelsea v West Ham. I know Haaland is a beast on fire but there is potentially even better captains in all those games. Have faith in Tyrone. He’ll have him in his pocket…..yeah right.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️ Week 5 🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦

Quite a bit of catch up reading for me.

CAPTAIN WATCH 👁👁

Only 5 captains nominated with our favourite Norwegian overwhelmingly voted managers top pick with 12 votes.

1. Haarland 34 points 💥 - HJ, Rosie, Nuc, Jesh, Harry, Iwuz, Liam, TD, Yubby, David, Picasso and Dazzy.

2. Salah 20 points - Bongo and Winnie.

3. Mitrovic - BB.

4. Gulp 😱 Jesus 12 points - Gavin and Gornal.

5. DeBruyne 2 points - Sam and Oz.

MANAGER OF THE WEEK 🏆

Iwuz and the Detectorists finish top of the podium with 95💥 ecstatic 🤩 points.

Runner up. HJ and Aston Lilla 87 points.

Great scores. 👏👏👏👏👏

TOP 6💥

👉1. Aston Lilla.

👍2. Detectorists.

👍3. Nuc.

👎4. Brum Tings.

👍5. Moseley Villans.

👎6. Goals Aloud.

HJ the first of our managers to retain top spot with a 22 point lead over Iwuz. 🤴

With the 95 impressive point haul Iwuz sees off Rosie and glides effortlessly into 2 place. 🤪

Explosive Nuc blasts his way up into 3rd.🤩

Rosie heading south down to 4th but manages another week dining at the top table. 😩

Our legend BB back with the elite in 5th place. 😎

Gavin’s prayers 🙏🏼 go unanswered down to 6th.😝

RELEGATION 💩

👍17. Warrioresses Win.

👎18. Ozstan Villa.

👉19. Barmy Army.

Winnie rallying her troops up to 17th.

Our former champ Oz experiencing a severe SG like dip in form down to 18th.

Dazzy homing in on a wounded Oz still last but the gap is closing fast.

DRONGO OF THE WEEK. 💩🤬

Oz and Ozstan Villa with 40 points find themselves sucked into the bog of despair as again they receive the coveted award for the 3rd time in 5 weeks. 😩😱😳🫢
    However as we know our wiley VMFL veteran has the nouse to turn the season around.

Gameweek 6

Saturday 3rd September - Team sheets in by 11am.

Gameweek 7

Saturday 10th September - Team sheets in by 11am.
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 02-09-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Picasso, totally agree no-one should feel bullied into doing something they don't want to do. It's got to be for the right motivation and I recognise if you have bigger/other ambitions then it's a tricky one. As you say, that Spurs match was hard on us non captainers and frustrating to think the only way we would have a chance at whatever place we were battling for as individuals was by doing something that felt so wrong, especially in this League. Took the fun out of the competition.

That said, I actually had no intention of bringing it up again this season. Had just decided to do my thing and then avoid looking at certain teams, and Rosie's captain part of the update on "those" weeks ... Rosie just happened to ask so I answered! Oz does always say just because you ask a question it doesn't mean a person has to answer though, so my fault entirely! My feelings on the subject haven't changed, but I'm not the Godmother of the League so Sam's and any dissenters fingers are safe ...

For now ...
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 02-09-2022 at 05:05 PM.

Rosie, you posted while I was busy chatting away to Picasso! I deliberately avoided your Captain watch but top report as always!

Congrats to Iwuz and HJ! Two former champs! I also pointed out to Oz when I spoke to him earlier that 3 out of the 4 at the bottom are also former champs! (Sadly not me though ). My placing is entirely my own fault. I need to cut my own fingers off to stop my silly meddling of teams that were perfectly fine. On the plus side, I weirdly enjoy the challenge of starting the season at the bottom so I can (hopefully!) work my way up bit by bit. Though judging by my Warrioresses' performances so far, I'll be in Dazzy's spot come Monday!

Rosie, should we get Oz's Drongo hat specially fitted for him as he seems to be wearing it so often at the moment? He does look cute in it though. Runs off giggling xx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 02-09-2022 at 05:10 PM.

Love these reports Rosie, pure class👏

They certainly are, BB.

Just an afterthought - ouch!

It just occurred to me this might look like it's all about Sam. It's really not - Sam just happened to state his opinion on this thread and I disagreed. Or I stated mine, and Sam disagreed - I can't remember. Anyway! As I said at the end of last term, any no opponent captaining policy will only be fair we all do it - including Gavin. Why I suggested a gentle persons' agreement with a VMFL fully democratic vote on it. From memory, only Bongo responded with an explicit yes, and one or two others voted with their feet by captaining opponents the following week, so I conceded it wasn't what was wanted. Hence me not intending to say any more this season. Anyway, I've said my piece. I will never captain against Villa but I'm tired now. Up to you good folks here now ... xx
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 02-09-2022 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    This issue came to head towards the end of last season and I think there was one particular week when there were very limited options. Those who didn’t captain a player playing against us (I think it was Spurs) ultimately paid a price so I can see the dilemma especially if we are playing in other competitive leagues. People shouldn’t feel bullied into doing something they don’t want to do. Personally I couldn’t do it.

That said, this week there are indeed quite a few options, Liverpool v Everton, Spurs v Fulham, Chelsea v West Ham. I know Haaland is a beast on fire but there is potentially even better captains in all those games. Have faith in Tyrone. He’ll have him in his pocket…..yeah right.
    That match and my loyalty lost me the title. The logical choice was Kane captain and it cost me 10 points. I think i lost by 6

Anyway well done Iwuz and thanks for the update Rosie 👍 top report as always

What's the plural for Judas?

Not sure, but he hung himself for 30 pieces of silver😢

Well done Sam.

Me thinks a Villa point v Man City is worth more than a few Haaland points for us. Bet you're glad you didn't waste your triple captain now. Your karmic reward.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 03-09-2022 at 06:43 PM.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)