+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽️ VM Fantasy League 2022/2023 ⚽️

Having an opposing player as Captain is just not cricket👎

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    I only started playing fantasy football because of our Villa Mad League, which I believe is special, because it's a little group of Villa fans (plus honorary Villa Madder Gavin as your friend) who have become friends to me over the years. I love all your personalities and quirks. It's why I would spend hours, sitting up until 2 am, writing the updates every week, until it literally got too much, when the League numbers grew to more than time than I was able to spend writing about them all, in the way I would wish . Now I love reading Rosie's updates that she dedicates so much time to each and every week. It's what makes us different to all the other Leagues. There was no way I'd have spent all that time writing about any other League, cash or not. I might have a cursory look to see where I am in the world, but I don't really care. It's you all that are important to me.

It just makes me feel sad to see Villa fans captaining opposing players in this special League of dedicated and passionate Villa fans. Especially when I know so many won't ever do so, due to loyalty to Villa and will therefore lose quite badly out in some of the games. It can get quite demoralising sometimes. I think if I had bigger fish to fry. and were that bothered about the main League and cash Leagues, I'd just create a 2nd team for them, (though I know that's not really allowed). All the best Sam. I hope you win your £10 without a Haaland hat trick.
    Great post Winnie.

Quote Originally Posted by birminghamborn View Post
    Having an opposing player as Captain is just not cricket👎
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    I only started playing fantasy football because of our Villa Mad League, which I believe is special, because it's a little group of Villa fans (plus honorary Villa Madder Gavin as your friend) who have become friends to me over the years. I love all your personalities and quirks. It's why I would spend hours, sitting up until 2 am, writing the updates every week, until it literally got too much, when the League numbers grew to more than time than I was able to spend writing about them all, in the way I would wish . Now I love reading Rosie's updates that she dedicates so much time to each and every week. It's what makes us different to all the other Leagues. There was no way I'd have spent all that time writing about any other League, cash or not. I might have a cursory look to see where I am in the world, but I don't really care. It's you all that are important to me.

It just makes me feel sad to see Villa fans captaining opposing players in this special League of dedicated and passionate Villa fans. Especially when I know so many won't ever do so, due to loyalty to Villa and will therefore lose quite badly out in some of the games. It can get quite demoralising sometimes. I think if I had bigger fish to fry. and were that bothered about the main League and cash Leagues, I'd just create a 2nd team for them, (though I know that's not really allowed). All the best Sam. I hope you win your £10 without a Haaland hat trick.
    I feel like I've been scolded and told off by my big sister here

I understand the closeness of this forum, I've been a part of it for over a decade and I've seen names come and go from it too.

The whole fantasy football thing I do take seriously because it (bizarrely) has helped me thru hard and trying times over the years. I do spend a lot of time looking at stats, and listening to experts on what could be beneficial. I always make up my own mind and I don't do duplicate teams. I'm not going to fall out with anybody on this forum about this, quite clearly we would all captain Haaland this game week. But I will stick to the good nature of the league and maybe think about what I do next season.

I was being flippant about the ten pounds! However if anyone, other than Gav now captains Haaland this week I will be seriously miffed and feel like I've been played!

Sorry Winnie.

I'll have to start calling you Yubby, Sam - I'm missing our brotherly/sisterly spats

Sam, I didn't mean it to sound like a telling off .... I was just explaining how I feel about the League and why I feel strongly about the captain thing here. I acknowledge it's my feelings, my experience, though, and of course everyone is entitled to do as they feel. It's VM - we're all opinionated - it's part of the fun

I only put the idea of a possible 2nd team out there as I don't want to thwart your ambitions in the bigger league or any cash leagues you might be in. Just a half way house kind of idea, so we can retain the fun here, but you still get to play as you wish. I'm sorry if it came across as insulting ... I may not have quite your ambition, but I totally get that Fantasy League is a good distraction from some of life's challenges, and would never want to diminish the experience for you...

PS. Sam. Obviously you are free to do what ever you please, but full respect to you for offering to put the fun of our League first. A proper Villa Madder xx

PPS. Sam. I'd be the proudest, opinionated, annoying big sister ever if you won the overall comp btw xx

Winnie hes only saying it because Haarland might be on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Winnie hes only saying it because Haarland might be on the bench.
    It really is like a family on here!
    Bongo is like the irritating younger brother.

Yep!

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)