+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings anyone?

Player ratings anyone?

Could anyone who went to the game shed some light on how we played? I know that Langstaff did the business, but what about the rest of our new signings? Thanks in advance.

Yep very interested also.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Could anyone who went to the game shed some light on how we played? I know that Langstaff did the business, but what about the rest of our new signings? Thanks in advance.
    Slocombe - Very little to do but caught in possession once or twice and his long kicking rarely found a man - 6

Brindley - What we expect from him really. Composed and classy but has an easy afternoon alongside the other centre backs - 6.5

Baldwin - My pick of the back three and showed what we missed last year. Dominant and happy to bring the ball out of defence to start attacks. One moment got caught in a dangerous position but otherwise good - 7

Cameron - looked a bit ponderous to me but still showed what a good player he is like last year - 6.5

Taylor - A peach of a strike for the goal but otherwise was clumsy and one footed offering very little threat. No idea what we’ve got the most one sided player at the club plying on his weakest side. I’ll mark him up for his goal though - 6.5

Chicksen - Anonymous really. Very little to do in defence and offered no attacking threat - 6

Francis - Probably my MOTM. Much improved from last season and his positional sense, ball retention, aggressiveness and intelligence in covering the defence are all areas he has improved upon. Good on him - 7.5

O’Brien - Usual high energy and desire to play the ball forward. Good link up with Ruben and Langstaff for his first goal. Pressured Maidenhead well to compete and win the second balls with Francis - 6.5

Ruben - A bit rusty I felt but still the class of the field. Never looked like creating anything when he wasn’t involved. It was his work that paved the way for our first goal - 7

Langstaff - Two really well taken goals….though I can’t remember him doing much else? Not going to win much in the air but if he gets 30 goals who cares? - 7.5

Subs

Palmer - Class but only had 30 minutes when the game was already won - 6.5

Scott - The team had decided to just see the game out when he came on so had very little service but looked like a more physical presence up front. Only had 20 odd minutes - 6

It was a comfortable performance all round really but I can’t help but feel we are going to struggle for goals this year, especially with no attacking threat from the wing backs. We created 4-5 opportunities against really weak opposition. We basically played with 6/7 defensive players and it showed in the performance….a bit like southgates England team.

Cheers TSANHO. It's encouraging that Francis played well following a decent pre-season. Hopefully he'll cement his place in the middle alongside Palmer, assuming he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Slocombe - Very little to do but caught in possession once or twice and his long kicking rarely found a man - 6

Brindley - What we expect from him really. Composed and classy but has an easy afternoon alongside the other centre backs - 6.5

Baldwin - My pick of the back three and showed what we missed last year. Dominant and happy to bring the ball out of defence to start attacks. One moment got caught in a dangerous position but otherwise good - 7

Cameron - looked a bit ponderous to me but still showed what a good player he is like last year - 6.5

Taylor - A peach of a strike for the goal but otherwise was clumsy and one footed offering very little threat. No idea what we’ve got the most one sided player at the club plying on his weakest side. I’ll mark him up for his goal though - 6.5

Chicksen - Anonymous really. Very little to do in defence and offered no attacking threat - 6

Francis - Probably my MOTM. Much improved from last season and his positional sense, ball retention, aggressiveness and intelligence in covering the defence are all areas he has improved upon. Good on him - 7.5

O’Brien - Usual high energy and desire to play the ball forward. Good link up with Ruben and Langstaff for his first goal. Pressured Maidenhead well to compete and win the second balls with Francis - 6.5

Ruben - A bit rusty I felt but still the class of the field. Never looked like creating anything when he wasn’t involved. It was his work that paved the way for our first goal - 7

Langstaff - Two really well taken goals….though I can’t remember him doing much else? Not going to win much in the air but if he gets 30 goals who cares? - 7.5

Subs

Palmer - Class but only had 30 minutes when the game was already won - 6.5

Scott - The team had decided to just see the game out when he came on so had very little service but looked like a more physical presence up front. Only had 20 odd minutes - 6

It was a comfortable performance all round really but I can’t help but feel we are going to struggle for goals this year, especially with no attacking threat from the wing backs. We created 4-5 opportunities against really weak opposition. We basically played with 6/7 defensive players and it showed in the performance….a bit like southgates England team.
    With Langstaff upfront, we may only need to create 4-5 opportunities a game if we can keep it tight at the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    With Langstaff upfront, we may only need to create 4-5 opportunities a game if we can keep it tight at the back?
    Yeah maybe, the concern would be if Langstaff got injured. I don’t mean to be negative but barring a 5-10 minute spell in the second half it was rather dull.

I don’t mean to be negative but barring a 5-10 minute spell in the second half it was rather dull.
    I'd agree with that. It was a bit slow and ponderous at times, but Notts always looked in full control and with a range of gears to move in in to. This was the kind of game that would have been less comfortable a year ago, that could easily have finished 1-1, having failed to convert chances and gift a sloppy goal. In that respect I thought we were definitely improved.

Yeah maybe, the concern would be if Langstaff got injured. I don’t mean to be negative but barring a 5-10 minute spell in the second half it was rather dull.
    We were playing a team with literally zero attacking intent at all, to be fair. That rarely makes for an exciting, open game.

how did Sam Barratt play for them before being subbed? he was a brilliant player at NL level before his injury last year.

Thanks for the comments TSANHO, but you’ve missed Austin off. And I think Bajrami came on near the end (perhaps too late to give him a rating).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast