+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Opinion

Controversial Opinion

I thought we were awful yesterday. We never looked like genuinely creating anything, but rather had three lucky moments scored (and scored well)

It felt like the players were still on holiday. The game was flat, the atmosphere was flat and that’s because it was boring to watch. The pass accuracy was terrible, the inventiveness non existent. It felt like a team of strangers, but 8 of them played regularly last season.
    For 80 minutes it was a cure for insomnia.

If we hasn’t played against utter dross, we would have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    I thought we were awful yesterday. We never looked like genuinely creating anything, but rather had three lucky moments scored (and scored well)

It felt like the players were still on holiday. The game was flat, the atmosphere was flat and that’s because it was boring to watch. The pass accuracy was terrible, the inventiveness non existent. It felt like a team of strangers, but 8 of them played regularly last season.
    For 80 minutes it was a cure for insomnia.

If we hasn’t played against utter dross, we would have lost.
    But apart from that, you enjoyed the game?

I enjoyed the result, but not the game no.

We were lucky that we played such a terrible team. For 80 minutes there was nothing enjoyable about it.

I wasn't there, but yes I've been to plenty of games where the result flattered to deceive
    We hope LW identifies lots of things to improve on. I'd start with 'what are we doing to attack down the left-hand side?' by the looks of things.

I heard that Chicksen, our converted centre-back, got forward down the left wing. But did he ever look like he might do something?

It was such a weird game. We win 3-0 and it could have been 4-0

However, for the majority of the game there was no excitement. It’s very hard to explain. There were lots and lots of misplaced passes (but a couple of great ones as well).

Macca looks the business and so did Austin (on the couple of times he was passed the ball).

To complete the confusing assessment I present, is the fact I thought the defence looked vulnerable throughout… except for set pieces!

I think I’ll go to bed, I feel like i’m typing nonsense but it makes sense to me haha!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I heard that Chicksen, our converted centre-back, got forward down the left wing. But did he ever look like he might do something?

Nah. We are Lukewarm Williams wingless wonders after all! 2 wingbacks who are more backs than wingers, so no change there. I thought the game resembled many a game I've seen at ML over the last few seasons. Some moments of brilliance in a game we dominated punctuated by a bit of 2Me 2U and the odd ''Oh my Gawd'', when the playing out from the back strategy looked like going South.

We got the job done very, very easily, we never looked in any danger & I think we had a few more gears if needed. You can only beat what's put in front of you & I think we should get used to teams employing damage limitation tactics, this league will be won by the side who does best against the top 8 or so clubs imo not by how many you score against the poorer sides. For the most part it wasn't great entertainment but it's hard when the opposition just set up to stop you playing, having said that for 10/15 minutes in the 2nd half i thought we looked unplayable & they struggled to get a kick. Well done Notts but sterner tests await. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    We got the job done very, very easily, we never looked in any danger & I think we had a few more gears if needed. You can only beat what's put in front of you & I think we should get used to teams employing damage limitation tactics, this league will be won by the side who does best against the top 8 or so clubs imo not by how many you score against the poorer sides. For the most part it wasn't great entertainment but it's hard when the opposition just set up to stop you playing, having said that for 10/15 minutes in the 2nd half i thought we looked unplayable & they struggled to get a kick. Well done Notts but sterner tests await. COYP
    We don't have to be amazing all the time, just score more than we let in 30 times and we'll be promoted...well 29 now.

Just need to win
    No matter the performance
    We will do well this season
    We will need some luck 🍀 f course but the result matters not necessarily the performance

LW said that he was happy with some of the individual performances rather than the team performance. As others have said it’s the 3 points that matter.
    It still looks like we are in the market… we could still get a loan or 2 in once the transfer window closes and EFL players can only come to clubs like us in non league.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast