+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    How many f****g chances does Grant need to score ... three now and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Furlong has been immense, superb goal from Grant. Our stats are through the roof! Watford have been pummelled. Need to go and take it now in the second half. Excellent stuff.

Furlong was excellent tonight but apart from a well taken goal from Grant - he was poor!! You can’t miss so many chances!

Livermore and Molumby not good enough!! Okay had more quality in 10 minutes than Livermore had for whole match!

Ajayi and O’Shea excellent and Wallace superb!

Need a goal scorer quickly as Grant not a lone striker!!! This will cost us again and again

Good performance .... should have won ... whole team played well tbh .... just need someone to put the ball in the net

Okay was better in 10 minutes than Livermore in 80 as so composed on the ball

Good to see Diangana getting some confidence back.

Think we need a new left back. Townsend always tries but just not good enough at this level.

Was disappointed with Swift tonight. I thought he was brilliant at Boro but game seemed to pass him by tonight. Quality player though so hopefully just one of those nights for him.

I was mighty impressed with the number of 2nd balls we won enabling us to keep the pressure on. Not a Mulumby fan but thought he did ok tonight. Swift was the one that disappointed me too. Special mention for both CB's

Play like that and we'll certainly win more than we lose, if we put chances away.

Encouraging. COYB

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I was mighty impressed with the number of 2nd balls we won enabling us to keep the pressure on. Not a Mulumby fan but thought he did ok tonight. Swift was the one that disappointed me too. Special mention for both CB's

Play like that and we'll certainly win more than we lose, if we put chances away.

Encouraging. COYB

Bring in Okay for Livermore and desperately need a striker who will convert. Grant had at least five chances. Grady looking good which will be massive!

Reach usual rubbish when he came on! Wallace was immense as were Ajayi and O’Shea!

Just got back from the game. We played bloody well. Slack concentration from Button for their goal but kudos to the guy for executing the goal. I said to my mate while walking to the game a pound to a sh*t turd we go behind inside the first 10 minutes. But Button redeemed himself with the penalty save although it was a poor penalty. Other than that we hammered Watford and I have come away tonight feeling pretty happy with the effort and good attacking football. There was energy and skill for the whole game and Watford were reduced to trying to hold the game up with BS injuries. That is two of the favourites for promotion we have played and except for the rubbish first half against Boro we have more than matched them. A happy bunny tonight (should have won though).

How refreshing!

Albion tonight were busy, bright, industrious, everything that’s been missing for so long. The buzz walking away from the ground would have given the impression of a victory had you not known the full time score.

The one thing missing that would make us a force is a fit Dike, Grant will never bully a defender and lead the line like Dike. With the amount of crosses now coming in I think his aerial threat would give us a huge new dimension that’s currently missing.

The two Centre Backs were just solid as a rock, Furlong was a completely different player, I do worry he won’t be able to consistently deliver performances like this but it’s hard to be negative on such a positive night.

Overall we should have taken the points but it’s what the future now appears to hold that left me happy more than anything else.

COYBB.
    Last edited by The Minn Junta; 08-08-2022 at 10:18 PM.

Just back and concur with most of the earlier comments. We dominated the match…it’s a long time since I’ve been able to say that!
    Watford were poor, but we did not let them into the game, despite their early long range goal. Quick thinking from their scorer with Button pushing up too far…as seems to be the style nowadays.
    Good to see AJ and O’Shea delivering another good defensive partnership. Furlong much better than last game and Grady similarly looking much like his old self. Wallace was a continual threat.
    Great to see OK show a couple of cameos.
    Decent finish from Grant after Grady’s stunning through ball. Sadly though, the former missed a hatful of opportunities.
    All in all a positive performance reflected by the excellent support.

Extremely pleased with the performance but not the result. To be honest we battered Watford and those three front men, so highly rated, didn't get a look in. We won most of the second balls and looked much quicker all round than the opposition. However, the problem remains, putting the ball into the back of the net. This has to be sorted out!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)