+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T RIP Judith Durham

O/T RIP Judith Durham

This is very sad news.
    The Seekers were a great band in the sixties and Judith had a wonderful voice.
    Had the privilege of seeing her in 1996 at a concert at Sheffield City Hall & my then six year old daughter presented her with a bouquet of flowers.

I was amazed that the theatre was less than half full, considering the great singer she was.

Music for me that will never be forgotten but the Carnival really is over.

RIP Judith & thank you for the music.

https://youtu.be/Kb5V7MHFJXI
    Last edited by CAMiller; 08-08-2022 at 02:05 AM.

Terribly sad news indeed. I was a bit too young to appreciate her voice when they were at their peak but remember hearing it through our house as my older sister was a big fan. Over the past couple of years doing the pop quizzes I've watched/listened (many times) to the Seekers popular hits on YouTube. A beautiful lady with a beautiful voice.

RIP Judith

Heres respect to Judith, with my favourite song that she and The Seekers did.

Judith Durham a beautiful lady & singer I always loved to listen to her, I had a soft spot for her. R.I.P. Judith

Saw her at an Australia Day concert a few years ago in Canberra backed acoustically by INXS - she still had the voice but she was remarkably thin. Left a great legacy.

I remember her Morningtown song regularly play by Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart on children's favourites Saturday morning. Truly a remarkable voice.

I've posted a few of the Seekers songs on here previously just so we could share her amazing crystal clear vocals. Truly a beautiful voice.

RIP Judith and thank you for my early childhood years listening to your velvet gospel tones on my bakerlite radio and true...we'll never find another you.

Last edited by Brin; 09-08-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Yes a distinctive and a melodic voice and one I remember from being a little lad.

The seekers had a lot of great hits in the 60s.

We will indeed never find another you...

RIP Judith...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 09-08-2022 at 01:35 PM.