+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old age,what's the perfect time to go?..

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    I was diagnosed with stomach cancer in February at 64,had a really bad reaction to my chemo last month and ended up spending 13 days in hospital which gave me plenty of thinking time,when my time comes i hope i'm not stuck in a hospital bed for weeks on end or even longer,i would much prefer to have a leathal injection and pass away with dignity surrounded by loved ones,on a brighter note although my cancer is not curable it is treatable so should have a few years left and had no reaction to my last chemo 17 days ago so feeling pretty good at the moment.
    Really sorry to hear that Pete. I remember the shock when my father was first diagnosed with liver cancer.

In all the time I have read your posts on both message boards, the thing that has always stood out is your warmth and great sense of humour.

If possible, keep that up and it will be a huge help to those around you. This may be tougher for them than it is for you.

If you can still make them smile it will probably make you feel better than any medicine.

In the meantime ...fight it with all your might.

Go well my friend.

I am shocked Chalky, you should know better. The worst think you can do is that, and you go to church. You are here for a reason, and until that time, when your mission is over, to take your own life is forbidden.

You will be thwarting gods will. I know you will all think thats nonsense, well go and watch and read some near death experiences. My best wishes go to pete. I had Mesenteric Venous thrombosis last january, it seriously bad, it is fatal eventually, with a horrible death. I was put on blood thinners, had all the tests and they found nothing. The blood clot dissapeared.

I have an appointment in two weeks with my consultant, i expect to come off the blood thinners. You have no idea how relieved i am to be healthy again. No you dont. So how did that happen? I dont know. At that time i had read about the unconscious mind and how it works, so i gave it a shot.

I had a scan at the local hospital that friday, then sent me home. the hospital rang me at 7pm that day to come back, they thought i needed to, that night. Driving back i said the rosary. Scoff if you want, but here i am, fit as a fiddle. With those two things, there you go. Belief, faith works. Your unconscious mind can do anything, its your link to everything. It obeys, you create.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    I am shocked Chalky, you should know better. The worst think you can do is that, and you go to church. You are here for a reason, and until that time, when your mission is over, to take your own life is forbidden.

You will be thwarting gods will. I know you will all think thats nonsense, .
    No I don't think that it's nonsense at all Frank and it's something that I know is wrong,the teachings tell us that it's forbidden and a great sin,probably the greatest sin of all

I’m not going until Carlisle are promoted from League 2. I expect to live a VERY long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mullen103 View Post
    All the best Pete
    Thanks Richard.

Aye Pete, all the very best and remember, its not the dog in the fight, it’s the fight in the dog.

Another strange thing happened when i was in hospital, during a ward round, a pharmacist said i had sticky blood. Surely she could not have said that unless it was true, to say that and not be sure is seriously bad and unprofessional.

In the months following discharge i asked my doctor if i had sticky blood.

He said no. I asked another doctor, the liver fellow, no i did not. My liver is unharmed.

Cheers Richard.

Cheers Griff,staying positive.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Aye Pete, all the very best and remember, its not the dog in the fight, it’s the fight in the dog.
    Hi Pete,

My first real job was a Postman after leaving school many years ago...

Talking of Dogs.. this Blackdog wishes you a speedy full recovery mate...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)