+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Southampton - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Bit concerned about Kristensen to be honest he got caught out a few times today does not look quick enough for the Premiership but it is early days and it was b0ll0cking hot so maybe reserve judgement on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Gelhard must be wondering??
    We were all wondering where the feck he as billy - did he just not make the squad or was he injured?

If he did not make the squad despite being fully fit then that is sh1te!

Poor game management, we needed fresh legs on 70 but JM waited, 2 points lost, definitely need LB and CF as cover as this contributed to collapse. We have spend the transfer in money, but what the money for staying up, invest to progress MOT

Chelsea at home Sunday next - be hopes we got a new striker and a left back by then

Easy to sum that game up-

Saints offered nothing, they made changes to impact the game, we didn't, they score, make more changes, we don't, our players tired, they score again then we panic and make two changes.

Absolutely stupid, 30+ degrees, a strong bench and we persevere with same 11 when they've just brought on 3/4 attacking players all fresh.

Kristensen.....looks another Firpo to me, easily bullied off ball.

Saints are crap and we've gifted them a point

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Gelhard must be wondering??
    He wasn't fit had a twinge, JM mentioned it post match

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Always makes me edgy 2 nil up games with plenty time left. Other teams scores and the tails are up. Would have liked to seen us hold on but a point away.
    I like watching the way we are trying to play, can only get better.
    Agree George, the games are good to watch, it's not happening overnight but I see improvements, Bamford going through a torrid time injury wise...

I said on another thread it would about the timing of substitutions, I only cut four pieces of wood with a saw and was dripping, so to play a full game would be knackering - Is our bench strong enough???????????????

Looking at how both goals were conceded its fairly obvious there was no left back in the position of left back. We are woefully short in that department, who plays in that position for the under 23s.

At least we got a point and hopefully lesson learnt. I guess they will all need to get used to being able to completely change the energy of the team with 30 mins to go.

Chelsea will be a true test of how we have progressed/regressed compared to last season

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)