+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Goalkeeper

Problem is if you gamble on the keepers and neither of them come good you are in deep trouble. A look back at both our relegation seasons bear witness to that. His height/physicality looks an issue, you might say he just needs to acclimatise to British game, but his technique looks questionable too. He pushed an effort into danger area first half even before third goal, and then there is the just not saving shots from distance that you expect a keeper to.

He looks very good at one on ones and is out quick and distributes quick, but mounting evidence is it would be heck of a gamble. Goes without saying I hope I’m wrong.

Our previous players need to work harder at stopping him having to do so much, simple as that. Benji was great show is, especially last season but he was definitely having to deal with a low less going on round about him.

Switching to 4 at the back hasn't helped, not sure we have the players to do this...

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

Hamish,
    Thompson,
    Main,
    Sieb,
    Guido,
    The Monk,
    Rado,
    Zaluska
    Pernis,
    Combe,
    Gallacher,
    Maxwell,
    Bullock,
    Bell,

Thats 14 before i even think about Benji.
    I think you are on the wind up

Hamish,
    Sieb,
    The Monk,
    were excellent.

Main still gives me the horrors the way he flapped at crosses in the Motherwell final and
    Bullock I remember the ball bouncing at his feet and going in.
    The reason that Celtic have signed Benji is clearly they have watched him closer than you.

Don’t forget Heggy in the list of keepers.

Thomson was excellent too

Onstad & Hirchfield. Two Canadian internationalists who never got much or any games. Also Kamara never got a game either. Will Erkisson have the one friendly and that'll be his lot?

New club
    New country
    New living accommodation
    New food
    New team mates
    Getting 7 put by you on live TV because your defence and midfield never turned up

Yeah, definitely has made mistakes but I think we need to see 2 or 3 more games before we write him off.

A lot of focus on the keeper understandably but I'm not seeing any threads about Edwards and Mulgrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Please dont try and create a different meaning to my comments! He made many mistakes after he dislodged Rakovan and didnt become solid until after a run of games and a proper defence was put in front of him.

But solid as a shot stopper is all he became, because other aspects of a goalkeepers game were just not there and i would not even see him in my top 10, never mind top 5 or even best! Your user name is interesting if that alludes to how long you have been a supporter, because in that time ive seen in no particular order....

Hamish,
    Thompson,
    Main,
    Sieb,
    Guido,
    The Monk,
    Rado,
    Zaluska
    Pernis,
    Combe,
    Gallacher,
    Maxwell,
    Bullock,
    Bell,

Thats 14 before i even think about Benji, but some of those had very shaky starts as well, but they were all given time, and i think Birigitti needs that as well.
    What about Peter "The Cat" Bonetti. Wee Jim signed him to give Hamish some competition. Didn't quite work out.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    What about Peter "The Cat" Bonetti. Wee Jim signed him to give Hamish some competition. Didn't quite work out.
    File under 'Bizarre Dundee United facts'
    Like the United player who won a Hollywood Oscar

Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)