+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FAO: iamITK - Can your contacts in the club tell you if TAR is injured?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Pretty sure he played the first half against Basford. Not sure after that?
    He played the first half against Basford but was pretty ineffective, to put it one way.

He came from Ebbsfleet recovering from an injury and didn't play for them after February last season, so maybe he's not yet firing on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Didn't we get a load of nonsense when Ross and IB first arrived?
    Teams with Griffiths, Knowles and Knight with Rodrigues and Sam nowhere near the team? In fact Knight got a long run of starts (for absolutely zero return) that was double to what Eli got in 2 full years.

Now, in their wisdom, LW and RH think you can have Francis, Palmer and O'Brien in a 3, with a back-5 behind them.
    Seems like it's inevitable teething problems - new coaches come in and have to learn from scratch and trial and error amazingly.
    They don't have to learn from scratch though do they? They could just come on here And presumably there are those within earshot of the Head Coach who also can see the wood for the trees.

It just seems a trend across a number of teams that don't seem to do the obvious with their players. I blame Cloughie for starting it off, getting a load of no-hopers plus one or two diamonds, putting some of the unknowns in different positions and making England players out of them as well as some minor cup winners (I think they said twice).

... Old pie ... 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It just seems a trend across a number of teams that don't seem to do the obvious with their players. I blame Cloughie for starting it off, getting a load of no-hopers plus one or two diamonds, putting some of the unknowns in different positions and making England players out of them as well as some minor cup winners (I think they said twice).
    Kenny Burns from striker to centre-back is the first that comes to mind - an absolute masterstroke. What others were there?
    Does having Larry Lloyd as your local rival's manager count?

The thing is we have signed 5 players from the league below, to expect them all to just walk straight into the first team would be a bit naive. I doubt even the owners would expect that. Some take more time than others, Langstaff and Austin have already, I get a feeling Scott will be a starter soon after LWs interview and Benjami has stiff competition to get his place. The rumours are probably true that he doesn’t fancy him at the moment, but he’s had a long injury last season, it’s a step up and surprise surprise it may take time to push himself in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    He played the first half against Basford but was pretty ineffective, to put it one way.

He came from Ebbsfleet recovering from an injury and didn't play for them after February last season, so maybe he's not yet firing on all cylinders.
    If he wasn't fit, then why did we sign him???

This might be abit old school thinking but maybe just maybe others are playing better in training ??!!

We have 18-20 players you cant play them all.

No need to panic/worry he will get game time at some point he then needs to grab his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Didn't we get a load of nonsense when Ross and IB first arrived?
    Teams with Griffiths, Knowles and Knight with Rodrigues and Sam nowhere near the team? In fact Knight got a long run of starts (for absolutely zero return) that was double to what Eli got in 2 full years.

Now, in their wisdom, LW and RH think you can have Francis, Palmer and O'Brien in a 3, with a back-5 behind them.
    Seems like it's inevitable teething problems - new coaches come in and have to learn from scratch and trial and error amazingly.
    Knight's longest run was 2 starts. In fact he only started 3 games.

I was a bit disappointed to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If he wasn't fit, then why did we sign him???
    Paternal, one for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Knight's longest run was 2 starts. In fact he only started 3 games.
    Yes it was 3 out of 4 games - Solihull, Eastleigh, Torquay(Sub), Eastleigh - the three he started were all defeats.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast