+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Barnsley v Wycombe match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    We always lose away at Ipswich and Sheff Wensdy anyway!.
    So the Leeds cup tie is a one off and a chance for us to try and earn a bit of respect back again, with a better performance.
    Otherwise, what was the point in us bothering to turn up and win at Middlesbrough.
    gate receipts , around 200k reportedly from the Leeds game ? Let's keep the director's happy , wouldn't want them to spend owt would we !! Leeches ,

We were told that what happens on the pitch should be our main priority again from now on.
    Ok then Im glad to hear that, but how much (if any) of that upcoming cup bonus of 200k will be given to Duff to try and improve the team ?.

We were told that what happens on the pitch should be our main priority again from now on.
    Ok then Im glad to hear that, but how much (if any) of that upcoming cup bonus of 200k will be given to Duff to try and improve the team ?.
    None given it simply replaces the money we've just in most probability handed back to Hex.com .

But let's not make it a witch hunt !!

Its why a decent little cup run would be nice for us, earning some much needed extra cash.
    Just out of interest, what do teams earn for getting to the latter stages of the Paintpot cup ?.
    Does Duff go experimental when we play Lincoln & Donny in that cup, or does he put out his 'best' team (which is what I thought he put out yesterday!!).
    And the questions have been raised, as to what would have happened to all that money, if we had gone up to the Prem a few seasons ago. 😵

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Just for balance I thought we got what we deserved yesterday but also we got what we deserved last tuesday , would you have made the same comments after the Bristol match ?
    We were flattered against Bristol shads. Two deflected goals, I didn’t get carried away and sing the praises, we did well….But we’d Nowt to beat.

And Im sick of Ainsworth and his Wycombe team getting away with that garbage, its certainly not footy and I wun't cross the road to watch it. Do their fans actually like that sort of piracy on the pitch ?. ��
    I am told by a friend of mine that two Barnsley players, Benson and Kitching he thinks, both raised their hands to Wycombe players chests in separate incidents and pushed them over. That is usually a red card offence but no action was taken by the ref.

Is that correct Acido ? I've seen no mention of it in any reports on here or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    We were flattered against Bristol shads. Two deflected goals, I didn’t get carried away and sing the praises, we did well….But we’d Nowt to beat.
    I have got to disagree , we were not flattered against Bristol , if we had scored 6 it would not have flattered us & before this fixture Bristol had been on good form a lot better than ours, I just thought the two matches highlighted what you get with a young team lacking the ***** experience , one day they can be excellent & the next totally the opposite , it is up to Duff to bring in the experience & balance to the team but I just think it is going to be an up and down season & expect Duff to build gradually , we will see but I think patience is key .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Bristol Rovers conceded another 3 goals on Saturday and we have identical records of W2 D0 L3

They have conceded 8 league goals in 5 games so far this season.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-08-2022 at 07:17 AM.

I've waited a while since the match to see if I would calm down a bit before giving my views. It's not worked. The manager has stated that we capitulated a bit in the second half. A bit? It was a lot more than a bit. Our captain states we didn't do the basics and there's no excuses but.. and goes on to make excuses. I think for their first goal the defence was abysmal. I'm sure there were 5/6 Barnsley players back and 3 of them were in the 18 yarder, stood with hands behind their backs trying to not give a hand ball instead of going and trying to stop the shot. As is often usual, Mads was in the middle of the 18 yarder, alone and not marking anyone when the goal went in. How anyone thinks he's a good defender is beyond me., but he wasn't the only one to blame. Not one player had a good game, although some were slightly better than others and did try a bit more, at least. There were very few crosses into the opposition box that weren't over hit in the second half. We were up in all stats at the end of the first apart from goals scored, so why did their heads drop? It was only one goal ffs. We need a bit more experience brought in, if Mads excuse of only a young side and still learning is to be believed. Someone with a calming nature that can play a bit too, any position from back to front tbh, to help stop any further capitulations.
    Barnsley, I love ya, but at times you make my blood boil.

Well heres the highlights, if you can call them that lol, against Wycombe.
    This was one of those game of two halves, where we didn't score when we were on top, and they most definitely did!. Ive no respect though for Ainsworth if thats the best way he can get results for his team, to play the so called dirty 'dark arts'.

Last edited by Acido; 05-09-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345