+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Just back from the game and opening a bottle to celebrate. (I would have opened a bottle to drown my sorrows but it tastes better after a win!)

Enjoy the moment, but should we get carried away? Brucie is a master at the give you a win, draw a few, lose a lot more then the odd win or two. Love this to be the spark but...

Also just back and enjoying a celebratory drink with SWMBO.
    Accepting the fickleness of us fans, it is nevertheless great to be in and amongst the crowd today. Smashing to hear the chant… “You’ve been mauled by the Albion, mauled by the Albion” and “Brucey, Brucey give us a wave”
    Whilst substitutions were necessary, strange to put Philips initially replacing Furlong … cost us their first goal. The late introduction of TGH (and according crowd appreciation) did little to enhance the latter’s push for a place, albeit I hope he gets a chance in the cup match.
    (I guess the script did indeed include a Livermore, Philips & Reach appearance though !)
    Grady and Yoku excelled, O’Shea and AJ again substantiated their selection, despite some late lack of concentration! 8 out of 10 for the remainder.
    Bad positional error by Button for one of their goals, but to his credit, he kept us in the game at 0-0 with a fingertip save.
    The second time this season leaving the ground with positivity all around. Long may it continue

Missed today’s goal fest - as we are away for the week on Yorkshire coast. Galling after sitting through the entire 0-0 bore draw against Cardiff the other night. Hope it’s the sign of good things to come.

After our midweek draw I expected more of the same today knowing Hull picked up a point at Burnley on Tuesday.

Difficult to comment on the Cardiff performance as I couldn’t make it but I feel today we saw the result we should have had against Watford.

Fast attacking football will always leave you susceptible to the counter attack and boy did we ride our luck. Hull could have certainly had at least two more than the two they got, however would they have even got those two late goals if not for our substitutions?

All in all I came away happy, similar to the Watford game only this time it was nice to get the points and plenty of goals.

Loved seeing Grady on fire today, the solid O’Shea as skipper, Livermore on bench, much missed long range shooting bringing joy in front of goal to name but a few positives.

COYBB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    After our midweek draw I expected more of the same today knowing Hull picked up a point at Burnley on Tuesday.

Difficult to comment on the Cardiff performance as I couldn’t make it but I feel today we saw the result we should have had against Watford.

Fast attacking football will always leave you susceptible to the counter attack and boy did we ride our luck. Hull could have certainly had at least two more than the two they got, however would they have even got those two late goals if not for our substitutions?

All in all I came away happy, similar to the Watford game only this time it was nice to get the points and plenty of goals.

Loved seeing Grady on fire today, the solid O’Shea as skipper, Livermore on bench, much missed long range shooting bringing joy in front of goal to name but a few positives.

COYBB.
    O'Shea as captain is a great move, me thinks.
    Grady seems to be reborn again plus having energetic players around him definitely helps his game.
    If the two late subs were to shore up the back four and see out the game.well it didn't work.
    Never like conceding goals and in particular never like conceading late goals as it can imply lack of concentration.
    Lots of positivity today but we are so starved of goals that we take anything today...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)