+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Chesterfield FC 20.08.22 [NL]

Desperately need to move to 4 at the back. 3 centre backs isn't stopping the goals so may as well allow a better attacking threat with more up top

Langstaff is the most natural striker I've seen at Notts since Hughesy. Thank goodness.

If only we'd played like the last half hour for the first hour eh?

Spot on there wisemaggie
    Couldn’t put it any better
    That will be the difference between success and failure
    We look so open defending it’s frightening

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    Relief at that, but I wonder whether LW brings on Austin at HT and we win it.

Good game from our goal on, but if we're going to press we have to actually chase the whole 90.

Felt like after the ref bottled the red for the elbow, he was all over the place. Can the elbow still get referred given the ref showed a yellow?
    Seem to recall they cannot refer it if unless the ref missed it and did nothing, may be wrong though.

That was the first time we've come from two goals down in the league to take a point since Neal Ardley's last game in charge, the 2-2 draw at Yeovil.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    Relief at that, but I wonder whether LW brings on Austin at HT and we win it.

Good game from our goal on, but if we're going to press we have to actually chase the whole 90.

Felt like after the ref bottled the red for the elbow, he was all over the place. Can the elbow still get referred given the ref showed a yellow?
    No, ref saw it and dealt with it in the game. Ref will probably get a talking to about how it should be a red and then get to ref next week

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Seem to recall they cannot refer it if unless the ref missed it and did nothing, may be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    No, ref saw it and dealt with it in the game. Ref will probably get a talking to about how it should be a red and then get to ref next week
    Cheers. Makes sense.

Realised also I hadn't clocked the change to the dropped ball rules until now. The ref really wasn't happy with the Chesterfield player's approach...
    Last edited by OchPie; 20-08-2022 at 06:55 PM.

My take from having watched that is I don't think I've ever seen us be worse and not lose the game. Definitely shows you what a quality poacher No 9 is worth. Langstaff got us a point we had no business getting there. I'd feel sick if I were a Chessie fan.

While I am ultimately relieved with a point, if we are serious about promotion back to the football league then we are a depressingly long way short at this moment in time. Our midfield is far too lightweight and our defence prone to simple errors.

I know we are only 4 games in and it was a good fightback but I can't for the life of me see this side going up,

We STILL CAN'T DEFEND and to go up you have to be solid.We could easily have conceeded more.Three managers and it still hasn't been sorted.

Who is pulling the strings?Is it the owners(I suspect) or Williams. You can't play this fluffy football in the NL.

If Langstaff gets injured we are up **** creek.

Let's hope LW has learnt his lesson on team selection

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast