+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Now he must earn his crust

Now he must earn his crust

I rarely post before the game is over but jesus we are poor of late.
    The manager needs to arrest this alarming decline or we will fly down the table and fast.
    Clueless off the ball and even worse on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I rarely post before the game is over but jesus we are poor of late.
    The manager needs to arrest this alarming decline or we will fly down the table and fast.
    Clueless off the ball and even worse on the ball.
    2 poor results. But 3 wins in 5. Perspective is required.
    Anyone would think we are actually young side with an unsettled 17 year old playing . With a new manager and a threadbare squad. With a few injuries that have affected us and our main player has had his head turned.
    We lost to one of the best sides in the division. Who spent a tonne of money to add to a great squad of players that nearly went up last season.
    Rational thinking is required.

Brittain was fine yesterday. He is not the problem. I told you what it was in the first game. Left back. Pickering. He is nowhere near good enough. He gets targeted.
    Junior Hoilett ran rings round him on Wed aswell. He was at fault for 2 of the 3 goals at Reading. If you mate making Hoilett look good then alarm bells are ringing.
    He was at fault for at least 1 goal yesterday.

The main reason we lost yesterday and Wed was we got overrun in midfield.

Back to the original point. Our manager has been here just 5 league games. We have played 3 away from home Robin. And we have won 3 out of 5.

Seriously? Are we really going to keep doing this when we run into a few problems?

Its football. You will lose some games along the way. I understand not being happy. But this? 5 games. 3 wins. 2 defeats. A 17 year old kid playing. A brand new manager. Who deserves some time? No?
    And we do this?

Nah. Not for me.

I get looking at perspective but we have been largely overrun the past 2 games.
    Both full backs have been poor and the other signing szmodics looks bang average.
    This needs to be a busy end to the window that's for sure because it's very apparent the lack of depth on show.

I get looking at perspective but we have been largely overrun the past 2 games.
    Both full backs have been poor and the other signing szmodics looks bang average.
    This needs to be a busy end to the window that's for sure because it's very apparent the lack of depth on show.
    So all you see are negatives? Brittain has done nothing wrong. Szmodics? Are you writing him off too?
    I'm guessing you dont rate the manager now too.

Do you remember spending seasons blaming everything on Tony Mowbray? Abd being told we can change manager. But not much will change? We will still have no money. Still only get 11 thousand on a good day? You cant say you hadnt been warned.
    But you felt point all of that ar one man instead.
    Now here we are. 5 games in. 3 wins. 2 defeats. And look at your reaction Robin.
    Who do we blame now? I said back in July. This manager is on a hiding to nothing at this club and its 11 thousand fans.

Robin. You really need to try find a way of handling defeats. It's a part of football

Pickering is poor but so has been many others.
    Szmodics,Buckley,travis and even britton have shown me nothing the past couple of games.
    It's fine losing and I can take that but the absolute non performance of the past couple of games is hard to take.
    Every one of the above looked out of sorts in both games.
    Negative yes but there is no point sugar coating what has happened.
    We got dicked twice and looked awful.
    Hard to swallow,especially when your 2 centre half's and keeper is the only players to try.

Pickering is poor but so has been many others.
    Szmodics,Buckley,travis and even britton have shown me nothing the past couple of games.
    It's fine losing and I can take that but the absolute non performance of the past couple of games is hard to take.
    Every one of the above looked out of sorts in both games.
    Negative yes but there is no point sugar coating what has happened.
    We got dicked twice and looked awful.
    Hard to swallow,especially when your 2 centre half's and keeper is the only players to try.
    I just think we are stretched too far at present.
    To be so openly critical is incredibly unfair.
    We have a 17 year old kid making his very first few appearances in professional football.
    He hasnt even played in the Under 23 side.
    Thrown in ... and struggling. He is also very unsettled due to Spurs offfering £3m.
    We are currently very close to getting him to sign a new contract and that will be a massive coup.
    Brereton is completely unsettled and that is having an effect on him, and the rest of the players. He is our main man. If he isn't firing, the rest will likely follow suit.

I get you wanted us to win every week, but you need to be patient.
    In the summer you demanded a new manager. And just before getting JDT you were saying it was a disgrace how we could not get anyone, and worried about our future. Then we found a new manager.

Then you demanded new signings in July and said it was a disgrace.
    We have signed players, just not enough at this stage.
    We ALWAYS wait until the end of the window as we have to. The players we want are not allowed to leave their parent Prem clubs until the end of the window as they won't let players leave until they have secured their targets. You are going to need to be patient with that.
    Its hardly Rovers fault the window is open over a month after the season starts. It unsettles our players, it stops us signing people.
    Is that really a disgrace?

We have played 5 games. 3 away. And have 3 wins. Is that really a disgrace? Seriously?
    Not think your doing that classic football fan thing of knee jerking and being incredibly impateint?
    I could almost understand if we had 5 defeats? But we have 3 wins.
    Your writing players off after 2 games where didnt play well?
    Take a step back. Does that really make sense to do that?

This modern fan thing of expecting everything today and being very vocal if it doesnt and calling everyone a disgrace, for me it needs to stop. Its because football is shoved down everyones throats 24/7 and you see and hear Prem league fans talking like this.

West-Ham lost their first few games. West-Ham fans where on the radio last night called for David Moyes head.
    That sums up what a joke its become.
    A crap little small town mid table club who's fans expect way way too much. it is never going to end well I guess.

be patient and see what happens, it won't be half as bad as you think.

Right ok,the point I am making is the performance with the defeats.
    I really am not stupid enough to know that we are not winning every game but the manner of the losses which concerns me.
    I am not writing off the above talents but merely pointing out that they have shown nowt over the past few games.
    These players need to be first on the team sheet against Bradford,not because of their importance but to prove their role in the first team.
    Win,lose or draw,I think the minimum requirement is you give it your all and unfortunately there is very few players who can truly say that they have.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)