+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New keeper??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New keeper??

Posted by Alan Nixon on his twitter

Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    ·
    2h
    Leicester keeper to head for Notts County

Wonder who it is and is it a loan or permanent

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post

Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    ·
    2h

Hopefully not the one that played in goal against us in the PSF. He dropped a simple corner - and given we are a comparatively small team that would be alarming.

Really hope it’s Odunze. My Leicester mate reckons he’s a great prospect.
    Think he’s American.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Really hope it’s Odunze. My Leicester mate reckons he’s a great prospect.
    Think he’s American.
    He's only 19 but been capped by USA at u-17 and u 20 he's a big lad 6' 7" tall

Anyone who can stop a shot that’s straight at them would be a massive improvement ��

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post

Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    ·
    2h

Brad Young on loan

Well I would imagine it's not going to be Daniel Iverson (who is Danish) or Alex Smithes as they are first team squad players. So imagine it will be a youth or U23?

My money is on Brad Young who was signed from Hartlepool in the summer of 2021.

If the incoming player's as good as Anthony Patterson then we'll have him, although I've not got the total downer on Sam Slocombe that some people have. Sam's not bad for this level of football as long as you leave him to be a goalkeeper and don't ask him to become an outfield player, which I think was at the root of his slight loss of confidence under Burchnall, perhaps continuing under Williams. Like any 'keeper in Division 5 he's got weaknesses, and yes he is a bit dodgy on crosses at times, but perhaps we could address that by working a harder to stop so many of them coming in!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If the incoming player's as good as Anthony Patterson then we'll have him, although I've not got the total downer on Sam Slocombe that some people have. Sam's not bad for this level of football as long as you leave him to be a goalkeeper and don't ask him to become an outfield player, which I think was at the root of his slight loss of confidence under Burchnall, perhaps continuing under Williams. Like any 'keeper in Division 5 he's got weaknesses, and yes he is a bit dodgy on crosses at times, but perhaps we could address that by working a harder to stop so many of them coming in!
    I'm with you Jackal, Sloco is fine for this level. It's the people in front of him that need to improve. It's rumoured to be Brad Young from Leicester, AFAIK.

It's Brad Young

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast