+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Diaz refusal

Diaz refusal

He isn't interested in signing a new deal so we literally need to get shot.
    Now we have a choice of get a deal done preferably before deadline day or keep and get shot in January for probably even less.
    Not sure what the pull is with nice? Sure they have been making some signings but it's hardly a league to stand out in unless you are playing for PSG.
    Other choices of Everton or Leeds
    Leeds are forming a decent team in the league of 7th place downward,and I could sort of understand the pull or Everton,who let's be honest will be close to the drop again.
    Wolves are signing the stuttgart forward so they are out.
    I think the next few days will see Leeds and Everton sign other targets.
    That will leave just nice
    He wants to play premier league but will settle for a farmers league.
    He is playing a better standard currently with much more media exposure.

Looks like Everton is the destination.
    Good luck to the lad and with 17.5 million on the table,providing venkys allow it to be put back in the team then we should be stronger for it.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Looks like Everton is the destination.
    Good luck to the lad and with 17.5 million on the table,providing venkys allow it to be put back in the team then we should be stronger for it.
    I heard on Tues he was close to signing a new contract with a release clause of £20m.
    Everton by all accounts offered £12m which will not get him.
    I think its a case of how desperate are Everton. I dont think he will go personally. I think he will sign a new contract and stay.
    But Everton may be very desperate and may go for him, especially if that Gordan goes to Chelsea. Personally it hinges on that sale. If he did go, they will then have the money to buy. Right now, without selling anyone, I don't think they are going to spend £20m. As much as the media seem to think we will just let him go, unless they bid the right amount he isn't going anywhere.

For me, we better have some decent replacements lined up and ready to sign if he did go.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)