+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morecambe Post Match Thoughts

Morecambe Post Match Thoughts

Well I guess we know now what it's like to play RUFC in the Championship where you have the lion's share of possession, a multitude of shots (that you can't get on target) and umpt.een corners but still can't come away with a win. At least some different players got to stretch their legs. Well done to Morecambe, good luck in the next round and don't listen to any Millers who tell you it's a tin pot cup anyway.

Thoughts? (apart from we can now concentrate on the league )

No injuries I hope - if so then let's be grateful for that

I’ll reserve judgment until gru gets back.

Surprised that Scott High played the full 90 minutes, is he good enough for us?

The stats speak for themselves

Embarrassing is the only word to describe that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The stats speak for themselves
    yes they are not good are they? No shots on target at home against a League 1 team, that is bad and you cannot afford to do that in the Championship wheer you might only get 3 ot 4 chances a game, you have to hit the target. Disappointed as a good opportunity to progress and earn some needed money, keep the unbeaten record going but it will be how they react for the game on saturday that will tell us more about the team and squad overall. I do think we need an extra goal poaching forward to come in, kelly works hard but doesnt seem ready, Kayode will never get you 10+ league goals a season, Eaves doesnt have the greatest goal scoring record, Washington gives everything but will he get 12-15 goals a season, not sure? So we are relying on Ogbene and with Eaves fit will PW play him in the centre or push him out wide? It is a game of opinions, so I am sure others will say we have enough up front, time will tell

I think we will be fine on Saturday

How many Championship teams have already been knocked out by lower league opposition?
    We don’t need these extra games. Congratulations Morecambe & we move on.

Not bothered that we’ve lost . Championship football is what matters. Main players have had a rest and hopefully no injuries.

Yeah until Man City at home in next round might have provided an alternative view.

However I agree, Championship survival is the main aim

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast