+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Begrudged Congrat's ?

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Beelin’

I don’t know about embarrassment to Scottish football, as to give them their dues they are the only Scottish club who hasn’t embarrassed themselves or the game up here in Europe in the last few years.

Their recent European record is actually very impressive and they have notched up some good wins and managed to reach a European final all while their obsessive haters like you have been pacing the floor at nights muttering to yourselves about “sevco, cheating, conspiracies” and telling yourselves that their demise is imminent.

I suppose it must be like a wean waking up on Christmas morning only to find out that Santa hasn’t been.
    Hehe. Another brilliant defence of the Great Glasgow Rangers. Why are they so good?

Obsessed? I wasn't the one who dredged up a SIX month old post to glory in the survival of Sevco. That was you.

You dismiss their cheating very lightly for a Well fan. They did it for almost 10 years and to try and compete we ended up in Administration stoney broke whilst they shafted every taxpayer in the country and a face painter.

Ps There's nae Santa 🎅

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG View Post
    Hehe. Another brilliant defence of the Great Glasgow Rangers. Why are they so good?

Obsessed? I wasn't the one who dredged up a SIX month old post to glory in the survival of Sevco. That was you.

You dismiss their cheating very lightly for a Well fan. They did it for almost 10 years and to try and compete we ended up in Administration stoney broke whilst they shafted every taxpayer in the country and a face painter.

Ps There's nae Santa 🎅
    Coming from the same poster who posts more about Rangers on here than Motherwell and once vowed to stop going to Fir Park because the SFA wouldn’t strip Rangers of titles then I’ll take that as a compliment.

But just for the record, you are factually incorrect about our administration event being the result of cheating at Ibrox. As I understand the period which Rangers were found guilty of using EBTs was between 2001 and 2010. Our administration happened in April 2002 following a period of financial mismanagement by Boyle from when he took over in 1998 so you are talking nonsense.

I’m not defending Rangers for what they did, they got what they deserved in my opinion and ended up going out the game, but that has got nothing to do with us as a club and I find football fans with attitudes like the one you display where they are more interested in Rangers than the club they claim to support absolutely pathetic and deserving of ridicule.

Ps….Sevco aren’t going bust any time soon so get it roon ye!

Coming from the same poster who posts more about Rangers on here than Motherwell and once vowed to stop going to Fir Park because the SFA wouldn’t strip Rangers of titles then I’ll take that as a compliment.

But just for the record, you are factually incorrect about our administration event being the result of cheating at Ibrox. As I understand the period which Rangers were found guilty of using EBTs was between 2001 and 2010. Our administration happened in April 2002 following a period of financial mismanagement by Boyle from when he took over in 1998 so you are talking nonsense.

I’m not defending Rangers for what they did, they got what they deserved in my opinion and ended up going out the game, but that has got nothing to do with us as a club and I find football fans with attitudes like the one you display where they are more interested in Rangers than the club they claim to support absolutely pathetic and deserving of ridicule.

Ps….Sevco aren’t going bust any time soon so get it roon ye!
    Rattled!!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG View Post
    Rattled!!
    That all you’ve got? You don’t like it when you are clamped by the facts do you?

That all you’ve got? You don’t like it when you are clamped by the facts do you?
    Your so called facts are wrong.

Rangers also operated another tax avoidance scheme for two former players, Tore Andre Flo and Ronald De Boer, between 2000-01 and 2002-03 known as a 'Discounted Options Scheme' - commonly referred to as the "Wee Tax Case". HMRC issued Rangers with a bill of about £4m for outstanding amounts owed from the discounted options tax scheme, which was settled, but has not been paid.

I truly wonder what else they were up to under Murray pre 2000. We will never know as they shredded the records.

Okay so I have to ask, what did that have to do with our administration event in 2002? Given that John Boyle allowed us to overspend recklessly for three and a half years up until that point.

As I said earlier, the EBT scheme ran from 2001 until about 2010 so our over spending didn’t or couldn’t have been based on that. Even your claim about their dealings for the two players you mentioned happened over two years AFTER we started our reckless spending period.

And you truly wonder what else they were up to pre-2000? Well who cares? (I know you do obviously) But it is clear you have absolutely nothing to substantiate your claim that we ended up in administration because Rangers were operating an illegal tax scheme.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)