+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Begrudged Congrat's ?

Begrudged Congrat's ?

Well played Rangers (I know) !? In the grander scheme of things, do we get any windfall due to them getting to CL group stages ?

Apparently we get something in the region of £200k so basically crumbs from the banquet.

That said though congratulations to Rangers, no begrudging that from me. It’s worth it just to see the absolute seethe from those horrible, obnoxious mutants that follow the other half of the Old Firm. That and them not being able to get all the Champions League money for themselves. Get it right up them.

I hoped they got pumped. But fair play, knocking off PSV is another cracking result for them.

Financially it makes little difference, the gap has long been beyond unsurmountable.

Our long-term future lies in competition with our peers, be domestically or in Europe somehow...the OF just need to be tolerated until the big change comes.

Big change? Do you know of something in the pipeline or is it just wishful thinking that one day they’ll both ‘move’ to another league?

Every few years this same old drivel is spouted by both or either half of the ugly sisters. "We're off to the Big League".......Naw ye urnae. Unfortunately, they are going no where, ever!!! The English don't want them. Why would a couple of mid /lower-table English PL teams roll-over and vote them in at their cost. The M6 service stations / city & town centres becoming drunken battle fields every weekend. Plus all the political garbage that comes with both sisters. Let's just see what happens in Liverpool city centre later this season.
    So what other option is there? Euro super league? That boat sailed last year....won't happen for many years, if ever. I very much doubt if either would be invited to dine at the top table regardless of what the knuckle-draggers think.
    LSM mark this date/post come back and ridicule it in a few years when it happens!😃

No, no inside knowledge but it's beyond clear that the Super League teams had the right idea (even if wrong motives) while at the other end UEFA have recognised the benefits of sporting, if not truly elite, competition in the Conference League.

Continuing as is while the OF obliterate Scotland is one thing, the same in France, Germany, Spain and to a different way England is another. There are odd blips - end of era Juventus for example - but there's a growing recognition that the existing structure just isn't sustainable.

If I really had to bet I'd say there'll be a full Euro league of a couple of divisions at the very top and some kind of odd playoff system to get in...the rest of us will be left with half a local league/cups and some knock out competition with our continental peers.

The coming Euro changes to the CL are a first step, the next arrangement will be another and the full 'change' will be the next around the middle of the 2030s.

You won't know for sure whether you like it or not till you see the full details but in principle certainly I'm fine with it - what we have now (on a broader, beyond Motherwell, European level) is visibly becoming increasingly not fit for purpose.

That extra money should more than cover Alexander's pay-off ... so again, I say, Well done The Rangers. Quite amazing that a team formed but 10 years ago should be playing in CL Group Stages

Yes, indeed they should be held up to us all as a shining example of what honesty, integrity and hard work can achive in such a short space of time 🤮

I'm hoping they get humped bigly in every single one of their group games. If that happens we would be well within our rights to label them an embarrassment to Scotch football.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG View Post
    I'm hoping they get humped bigly in every single one of their group games. If that happens we would be well within our rights to label them an embarrassment to Scotch football.
    Beelin’

I don’t know about embarrassment to Scottish football, as to give them their dues they are the only Scottish club who hasn’t embarrassed themselves or the game up here in Europe in the last few years.

Their recent European record is actually very impressive and they have notched up some good wins and managed to reach a European final all while their obsessive haters like you have been pacing the floor at nights muttering to yourselves about “sevco, cheating, conspiracies” and telling yourselves that their demise is imminent.

I suppose it must be like a wean waking up on Christmas morning only to find out that Santa hasn’t been.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)