+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Halifax Town FC 27.08.22 [NL]

Listening to Charlie and Stall on Red Radio this afternoon, for the first forty minutes, I thought oh no here is another Gateshead type response coming from fans, but thanks to Macca, and Slocombe , we were able to build on their efforts, and came away with an away win we would have died for last season.
    It seems, along with the fabled, 'soft underbelly' another of our away failings of last season, was a failure to put away easy chances. The soft underbelly may still need toughening up, but we do seem to have cured the missing of chances, easy or otherwise, so far.
    It is always great to put in a stylish, dominant away performance for large periods of the game, but it is the win that counts, no matter how it is achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I've been supporting Rovers for 53 years and I've got to say that was the most embarassing display by any of our past and present teams.

Big game for them next at home to fellow strugglers Shrewsbury, then home to Accy.
    To be honest if we had to have either Burch or Ardley back, I'd rather have Burch, it's FGR's chairman that I really can't stand but it could well turn out to be the case that Burch will ruin his career moving there whilst Ardley ultimately re-establishes himself in the EFL.
    Just think though, if Burchinall hadn’t run away he’d still be organising our 2 me 2 you tippy-tap midfield - do we miss him?

I was hoping the crowd wouldn't boo them today at half time if they carried on playing like they did but the stand was not happy with the first 40 mins. As soon as the team started giving us something to get excited about we responded. It was a great following today for a non league. The first 40 mins though were pretty poor, I think we might have had one shot before the goals. It's a two way street, with travel, food and ticket costs then if people aren't happy with the first 40 mins before the goal then fair enough. LW said it best, some fans don't boo to make them lose, they boo to say come on you're better than this. I don't boo by the way but can see why people do sometimes. Plus alot of the time they've had a good drink which doesn't inhibit your emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Listening to Charlie and Stall on Red Radio this afternoon, for the first forty minutes, I thought oh no here is another Gateshead type response coming from fans, but thanks to Macca, and Slocombe , we were able to build on their efforts, and came away with an away win we would have died for last season.
    It seems, along with the fabled, 'soft underbelly' another of our away failings of last season, was a failure to put away easy chances. The soft underbelly may still need toughening up, but we do seem to have cured the missing of chances, easy or otherwise, so far.
    It is always great to put in a stylish, dominant away performance for large periods of the game, but it is the win that counts, no matter how it is achieved.
    Having watched it I’m surprised they were saying it was bad, we had a lot of the ball the first 40 but just didn’t do a lot with it, not sloppy as such but no cutting edge. I wouldn’t say we were fortunate to be 1 up but definitely 2 up. The team worked so hard to win the ball back all game, if that’s what bad looks like I’ll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Just think though, if Burchinall hadn’t run away he’d still be organising our 2 me 2 you tippy-tap midfield - do we miss him?
    No, great bit of transfer business getting a fee for his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I only wish him well. Got us playing some good footie at home and we made some compensation when he left. We've moved on into the Luke Williams era now.
    Agreed !!!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Luke has the best opening 5 game record for a Notts manager since Keith Curle.

12 is the most goals we've scored in the opening 5 league games since the Munto season (13).
    Was Curle also accused of only selecting his cronies during that stretch ?

The world’s strangest managerial poaching looks like it might end in tears. Let’s hope so.

Team for Monday; Ruben in for JOB. Bajrami in for Palmer. That won’t be far off our strongest side.

Not vintage or anything, but I think we’ve really struggled with the classic good team ‘get results when not playing that well’ thing over the last 18 months or so, and we did that today.

Not at our best, best player out ill, 4-1 away win regardless. Can’t really argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Not vintage or anything, but I think we’ve really struggled with the classic good team ‘get results when not playing that well’ thing over the last 18 months or so, and we did that today.

Not at our best, best player out ill, 4-1 away win regardless. Can’t really argue with that.
    Yes, totally agree. Don’t mind if we’re not at our best, every week, if we win convincingly.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast