+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Halifax Town FC 27.08.22 [NL]

⚽Match Thread vs. Halifax Town FC 27.08.22 [NL]

Team news, Rubes misses out through illness.

Last edited by SwalePie; 27-08-2022 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Title format matching

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Team news, Rubes misses out through illness.

Hopefully the front 2 cause carnage today

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Hopefully the front 2 cause carnage today
    Illness? He’ll definitely need a medic-al for that.

Surprised Baldwin is fit, keen to see Bajrami starting but never mind. Shame Ruben is ill, time for Austin to shine. Delighted to see Langstaff and Scott finally starting. Those two ratting around the Chesterfield defence for the last half hr last week looked promising. Feel we really need to use the Roberts money on a top drawer CM to play alongside Palmer and maybe look at a more attack minded wing back than Chicksen. We have one in Taylor but last managers don’t seem keen.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Surprised Baldwin is fit, keen to see Bajrami starting but never mind. Shame Ruben is ill, time for Austin to shine. Delighted to see Langstaff and Scott finally starting. Those two ratting around the Chesterfield defence for the last half hr last week looked promising. Feel we really need to use the Roberts money on a top drawer CM to play alongside Palmer and maybe look at a more attack minded wing back than Chicksen. We have one in Taylor but last managers don’t seem keen.
    What I saw of Bajrami in the pre season match against Forest in CM, I would give him a chance there ahead of JOB as I saw a increased level of aggression and physicality.

A good RN pre-match discussion on this week's social media debacle with both Charlie and Stall agreeing with LW's statement. Presenter David Jackson, probably playing devils advocate, repeatedly insisting that it's too early in the season to boo but Charlie pointing out it's been a build up over a number of seasons.

It's going to be very interesting to see how the team reacts this afternoon.

Just sat down in the stand, we're on the other side of the ground this season. Gutted Rodger is out, got told on the way to the ground by a Halifax fan that our dirty diving ******* (Ruben) wasn't playing, really hope we win now ha ha!

COYP

Charlie on RR missing, "Let's hope he's not got transfer fever".

Says he hasn't heard anything but will ask LW post match.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    What I saw of Bajrami in the pre season match against Forest in CM, I would give him a chance there ahead of JOB as I saw a increased level of aggression and physicality.
    I agree he looks like he could do a job in there, but we need another of the same type. Palmer's more of a playmaker than a defensive shield and ball-winner. Ideally you need two players competing for every role, so for that defensive midfield position you need Bajrami versus someone else, bearing in mind Bajrami also covers centre-half. I believe our ability or inability to address this weakness in our team will be one of the keys to the success or otherwise of our season. Jim O'Brien certainly isn't the answer, game as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Charlie on RR missing, "Let's hope he's not got transfer fever".

Says he hasn't heard anything but will ask LW post match.
    Yes, that was my 'diagnosis' too

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast