+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Halifax Town FC 27.08.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wedgie doesn't need telling, his prediction was in before the season started!

If we had managed a second 3-3 draw last season he would have won the YAPs competition easily.
    I had a 3-3 last season EP, against Solihull...Think I finished in a respectable high position in the YAPs with that one result...

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Not vintage or anything, but I think we’ve really struggled with the classic good team ‘get results when not playing that well’ thing over the last 18 months or so, and we did that today.

Not at our best, best player out ill, 4-1 away win regardless. Can’t really argue with that.
    Find it a bit bemusing that (as per opening day) we have won convincingly but people still unhappy. If it's about the quality/style of play, well it'd be great to have it all but come the end of the season it's only the points that matter. Isn't it a good sign if you can be below your best & still win?

Seems to me like a solid start to the season. Results okay, and with plenty of room for improvement. Onwards & upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Find it a bit bemusing that (as per opening day) we have won convincingly but people still unhappy. If it's about the quality/style of play, well it'd be great to have it all but come the end of the season it's only the points that matter. Isn't it a good sign if you can be below your best & still win?

Seems to me like a solid start to the season. Results okay, and with plenty of room for improvement. Onwards & upwards!
    There’s been a lot of (mostly fair enough) criticism about us not being able to adapt to conditions and grind out wins. Yesterday we showed far more willingness to do that than at any point than last season, accepted the pitch was rubbish and they were pressing us, knuckled down for a battle and let our greater quality in attacking areas do the talking. It’s not been a perfect start by any means, but nothing to complain about yesterday.

There’s been a lot of (mostly fair enough) criticism about us not being able to adapt to conditions and grind out wins. Yesterday we showed far more willingness to do that than at any point than last season, accepted the pitch was rubbish and they were pressing us, knuckled down for a battle and let our greater quality in attacking areas do the talking. It’s not been a perfect start by any means, but nothing to complain about yesterday.
    Totally agree, if the lads work that hard off the ball especially away we will have more than a good chance to pick up a lot of points away from home as we do have the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post

Not saying we are gonna be, but teams that get promoted, grind out results. Scrape 1-0, 1-2 away wins, score winners in the last few minutes. Performances will come with the results. Judas was a prime example when we won the league.

Here you are all you IB fanatics!!!!

https://youtu.be/euzeDEjIAT8

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Here you are all you IB fanatics!!!!

https://youtu.be/euzeDEjIAT8
    Cheers, enjoyed that. I do love a bit of divergence in a fred.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Cheers, enjoyed that. I do love a bit of divergence in a fred.
    Didn't think many clubs would have an away kit worse than ours, but FGR managed it.

Wasn’t the big difference yesterday and previous away defeats/draws in this league the fact we now have proper finishers up front? The first half was a slog, but the goals opened up the game and we were much better in the second half.

Obviously no bad thing having strikers who can take the half chances, but I doubt on its own it’s enough to get us promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Wasn’t the big difference yesterday and previous away defeats/draws in this league the fact we now have proper finishers up front? The first half was a slog, but the goals opened up the game and we were much better in the second half.

Obviously no bad thing having strikers who can take the half chances, but I doubt on its own it’s enough to get us promoted.
    I mentioned on a few occasions last year that a good goalkeeper will on his own win you 10 plus points a season.
    Yesterday slocombe won us points yesterday with an outstanding save that kept us ahead in the game and over the remainder of the the game gave us the momentum to take all 3 points.
    Patto did likewise last season until his departure and never replaced him

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast