+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Halifax Town FC 27.08.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Wasn’t the big difference yesterday and previous away defeats/draws in this league the fact we now have proper finishers up front? The first half was a slog, but the goals opened up the game and we were much better in the second half.

Obviously no bad thing having strikers who can take the half chances, but I doubt on its own it’s enough to get us promoted.
    Good call! It's very early days, but if we have now got the lethal finishers everybody craves we will be able to "steal" many games.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    I mentioned on a few occasions last year that a good goalkeeper will on his own win you 10 plus points a season.
    Yesterday slocombe won us points yesterday with an outstanding save that kept us ahead in the game and over the remainder of the the game gave us the momentum to take all 3 points.
    Patto did likewise last season until his departure and never replaced him
    Yeah 100%. That save was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah 100%. That save was fantastic.
    I never get all the negativity around Slocombe, some of the stuff on Twitter is ridiculous. It’s as if he’s the root of all our problems when I think he’s actually a decent keeper at this level. Yes Patterson once he got going was better but he’s now playing in the Championship.

Agree with both the above posts, Slocombe is solid at this level and the save yesterday was game changing. I was level pretty much with our goal line and he saved it behind his left side and pushed it back out round the post. Worldie.

Although slocombe is solid at this level,he needs to find the side of a game that is game changing for the right reasons and consistently.
    That’s the keeper we need
    Do I think he can find that game?
    Yes as he proved yesterday

Anyone watching Florist? Sad to say they've been the better side in that 1st half and apart from their goal, Spurs have been poor. Also, sadly, if Forest continue to play as well, they should easily scratch enough points together to stay in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Anyone watching Florist? Sad to say they've been the better side in that 1st half and apart from their goal, Spurs have been poor. Also, sadly, if Forest continue to play as well, they should easily scratch enough points together to stay in the Prem.
    Can’t believe he wasn’t sent off for that hand ball

Their next two home games with Bournemouth and Fulham will be crucial, particularly Fulham. I expect they will finish above Bournemouth, it those less than glamorous London clubs we need to better them, Palace, Brentford, Fulham.
    Rogers must be on borrowed time at Leicester and a change there will likely boost them out of trouble.

Match report now up, loads of content from match stats to player watch and much more …

https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...t-fc-halifax-a

Early season buzz gumpy.

It was obvious they'd get Kaned.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast