+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham steaming [Match Streaming]

Wrexham steaming [Match Streaming]

Ryan Reynolds has complained the National League board won't let them live stream Wrexham games. He wants to take advantage of their documentary on Disney. If they are allowed to do it (which looks unlikely) would they be able to earn much more than other teams in the league due to people supporting them just from seeing the documentary or liking the owners? Seems unfair if this is the case as they would have worldwide watchers due to their documentary.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-09-2022 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Title amended for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Ryan Reynolds has complained the National League board won't let them live stream Wrexham games. He wants to take advantage of their documentary on Disney. If they are allowed to do it (which looks unlikely) would they be able to earn much more than other teams in the league due to people supporting them just from seeing the documentary or liking the owners? Seems unfair if this is the case as they would have worldwide watchers due to their documentary.
    Surely this wouldn't be allowed without the rest of the league also being allowed to do it

Quote Originally Posted by nottsfever View Post
    Surely this wouldn't be allowed without the rest of the league also being allowed to do it

They don't allow clubs to screen live matches in any other League, (pandemic aside), if they DID give Rectum the green light to do so it would be grossly unfair. If Man U or any other top Prem club were allowed to do it they would make literally billions p/w with the worldwide fanbase that they have, rather than the few quid that Sky, etc throw their way. That's why one day, there'll be a Super League with clubs owning their own TV rights, cos there's real big, humongous, money involved

This is exactly what's annoying me, they're kicking off that they can't do it and say everyone should be allowed. So they get millions signing up due to the owners and documentary, generating millions of extra income then they say well you can do it as well and everyone else earns pretty much naff all. I haven't minded them at Wrexham so far but this has really put me off them, they know it would be grossly unfair. People in the comments of the article are saying they should let them do it and all clubs, completely vacant to the obvious imbalance it would bring. I think as on this thread, it would take the voting of a majority of clubs and BT agreement. It's really put me off Wrexham now though, I would have been happy for them to go up after so long in the wilderness but now **** them.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    They don't allow clubs to screen live matches in any other League, (pandemic aside), if they DID give Rectum the green light to do so it would be grossly unfair. If Man U or any other top Prem club were allowed to do it they would make literally billions p/w with the worldwide fanbase that they have, rather than the few quid that Sky, etc throw their way. That's why one day, there'll be a Super League with clubs owning their own TV rights, cos there's real big, humongous, money involved
    The football league allows it with Ifollow or a clubs own platform.

Can't see an issue with it to be honest. Only thing I would say is that the clubs without the funding to do it should get helped by the league to ensure all clubs can. However I doubt dorkng have much of a following outside of their town.

It sounds like the Hollywood owners have found out that pumping loads of money into a NL club doesn't guarentee promotion. They've already said they haven't got the endless funds. They're just trying to find another way of funding their play thing as they know they'll get far more out of it than any other NL club. Clubs like Dorking will lose money as they get a cut of the BT deal I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    The football league allows it with Ifollow or a clubs own platform.

Can't see an issue with it to be honest. Only thing I would say is that the clubs without the funding to do it should get helped by the league to ensure all clubs can. However I doubt dorkng have much of a following outside of their town.
    I don't see how it would be fair though due to the documentary. If not then yeah ok but if millions watch that round the world and then sign up as they want to carry on their involvement then they're going to have a massive advantage over all the clubs, especially the smaller ones.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I don't see how it would be fair though due to the documentary. If not then yeah ok but if millions watch that round the world and then sign up as they want to carry on their involvement then they're going to have a massive advantage over all the clubs, especially the smaller ones.
    Is it unfair that our owners have a in depth source of data to assess players? I doubt Dorking have anywhere near the level of detail we get.

Wrexham owners want to grow their clubs fanbase just like any other club does, and why shouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    It sounds like the Hollywood owners have found out that pumping loads of money into a NL club doesn't guarentee promotion. They've already said they haven't got the endless funds. They're just trying to find another way of funding their play thing as they know they'll get far more out of it than any other NL club. Clubs like Dorking will lose money as they get a cut of the BT deal I assume.
    This. Seems like a desperate attempt to raise funds.

Anyone watched the documentary the Hollywood boys are making? I saw the trailer. They were banging on about it being an underdog story. Pretty ironic when they're tempting L1 players to drop down two divisions due to the crazy wages they are offering.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    This. Seems like a desperate attempt to raise funds.

Anyone watched the documentary the Hollywood boys are making? I saw the trailer. They were banging on about it being an underdog story. Pretty ironic when they're tempting L1 players to drop down two divisions due to the crazy wages they are offering.
    Yeah I've been watching it, quite enjoying it tbh.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast