+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham steaming [Match Streaming]

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Genuine question, do you know how they distribute the money raised from it?
    No idea.

Reading the Wrexham press release it now reads like they want to stream in the UK too. That's never going to happen and shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    No idea.

Reading the Wrexham press release it now reads like they want to stream in the UK too. That's never going to happen and shouldn't.
    He does say domestic / international streaming. I’ve no idea how much it effects gates, I guess we can get some idea from when BT show games across the league. Internationally outside of Wrexham I see no financial benefit other than it would be nice for some of our fans outside the UK to watch, would it be more than a 100 odd, I doubt it, could be wrong. For Wrexham if Reynolds drilled up enough PR it could be very beneficial. I actually think some of the smaller clubs may benefit the most though from away support watching. I don’t go to many away because some of them are very lengthy trips in this league but would gladly pay a tenner to watch. How many would do it if the stream quality was good and easily accessible? I would imagine possibly a 1000 per away game? That’s some decent extra money for smaller clubs.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-08-2022 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    No idea.

Ah ok. There’s still the 3pm on Saturday blackout as well. Rightfully so.

If Wrexham are proposing to share their streaming proceeds equally with the rest of the league, showing the midweek games is fine. If they’re keeping it to themselves, not so much.

Each club should be able to decide a TV policy without interference from "the league".

Set the live subscription at the UK entry price for the home team, and have a discount rate for overseas fans.

Problem is, if the Hollywood ownership ends in failure, it's not exactly a great selling point for ex-league clubs stuck in tier 5. If Wrexham can't get out with the backing they've had, surely anybody with financial clout and genuine ambition is going to have 2nd thoughts about investing in a NL outfit.

Outside the Premier League, nobody in the top 6 tiers has currently been stuck at the same level as long as Wrexham have, this is their 15th consecutive season.

tier 2 longest - 12 seasons, Birmingham City
    tier 3 longest - 9 seasons, Fleetwood
    tier 4 longest - 10 seasons, Mansfield and Newport
    tier 5 longest - 15 seasons, Wrexham
    tier 6 longest - 14 seasons, Chelmsford
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-08-2022 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Just watched the trailer, what a bag of s**t. Making themsleves sound like they're taking Arnold Town to the Champions League final, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Just watched the trailer, what a bag of s**t. Making themsleves sound like they're taking Arnold Town to the Champions League final, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    My point exactly. If Wrexham somehow found themselves in the Premier League, or trying to get out of the NL with zero cash, then it would be an underdog story. Splashing millions in an attempt to blow away the opposition while gathering a global army of armchair fans doesn't make you an underdog. It makes you the clear favourite for promotion - and the team everyone wants to beat.

So looking at the Wrexham thing!!
    Would you say they are nailed on promotion??

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    So looking at the Wrexham thing!!
    Would you say they are nailed on promotion??
    If they're steaming, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If they're steaming, probably not.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast