+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: JR gone. Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Would happily get Mulgrew & Watt to **** if that is true.

Again however, I find it strange that Courts would name Edwards as captain if he had so much faith in Mulgrew.
    Looks like pish to me. As most know, I sit right at the front just to the right of the goal in the ETL. Mulgrew came over to the ball boy behind the goal and took the spare balls off him. Presumably under instruction to stop them getting the game underway quickly and catching us on the break. The chap in charge of the ball boys then have him another ball and Mulgrew came back again and took that. Just don't think he would have done it if the above was true.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    ...if any of the Mulgrew stories are true...then what is the point of having Edwards as captain? Surely you make Mulgrew captain....and it would probably be advisable to have him at the interview panel for the next manager. This club is a basket case!
    Maybe he felt he was above being captain? It's pretty obvious he had/has too much say in the team decisions. Any experienced manager would've done the same as Ross I'd imagine--wtf does Mulgrew think he is?

Do you need a point of view from a sheepie?

Mulgrew's an arsehole, get rid.

Look how quickly Scott Brown was out of Pittodrie once Goodwin arrived.

That's how your next manager should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Would happily get Mulgrew & Watt to **** if that is true.

Again however, I find it strange that Courts would name Edwards as captain if he had so much faith in Mulgrew.

All these rumours surface whenever there's is a poor run, nothing new and difficult know what to believe

All I know is Mulgrew was a good player for us last season and reliable, Watt despite only one goal was a good player for us second half of season and contributed to more a fair few goals, also worked his socks off

Not sure why these two are suddenly being made the villains here, it's weird

Jack Ross has failed big time and turned a good thing into crap in a few weeks, he was not very impressive in previous roles and never was a fan of him, always good him bland and his teams poor to watch, even when he had Boyle at Hibs saving his bacon, wanted it to work but it hasn't and right thing to sack him

Of the suggestions, only ones that I like so far is Michael O’Neill or more unlikely Houston back, love Big Dunc but think that would go wrong, I get why people like the idea but unlikely it would work out for us, wouldn't like to see a case of fans chanting to get him out within a few months with us cut adrift

Liam Fox is top of the betting at the moment, Big Dunc at 8/1

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackr.../dundee-united

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Do you need a point of view from a sheepie?

Mulgrew's an arsehole, get rid.

Look how quickly Scott Brown was out of Pittodrie once Goodwin arrived.

That's how your next manager should do it.

No we don't

We had a good season with Mulgrew playing well and manager getting most out of players, brown was poor as was glass

Quote Originally Posted by goldenchadders View Post
    Liam Fox is top of the betting at the moment, Big Dunc at 8/1

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackr.../dundee-united
    They have a Charlie Mulgrave at 12/1. Never heard of this boy. Where's he been, who did he coach previously ????????

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    Ross sacked by the same people who brought him in just ten weeks ago and who will now look to appoint his successor.
    Does this not clearly indicate where our problems lie?
    Look at every club. Its a complete lottery. Old players,experienced managers,rookies,foreign or homegrown. You would be as well drawing names from a hat. Every club is half a dozen games from disaster nowadays

Well you’ve done much better than Dundee did with agent M,Intyre , we left it far to late to spot the spy in the camp , well done spotting agent Jack in plenty time before he completed destroyed your club

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Would love either of these guys as manager, but the one thing that will prevent them coming here is their wage expectations!

Quite frankly, i dont want any ex-United player here as manager as it parallels what happened back then!
    Sorry but am i misunderstanding something here?

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)