+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: JR gone. Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I don't get why it's a hard one to swallow, the he only thing is I'd had waited for a month or so, he has steadied this but only been three away games so far
    Try telling that to the Cowdenbeath supporters.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...oach-liam-fox/

[QUOTE=shedka;40124572]I don't get why it's a hard one to swallow, the he only thing is I'd had waited for a month or so, he has steadied this but only been three away games so far[

It's hard to swallow for many reasons - that fox is a novice thats only managerial experience is a disastrous spell at cowdenbeath

Also hard to swallow that no decent experienced manager Is willing to consider managing United under the current structure.

We will all wish Fox well and congratulate the players on getting him the job . Let's just hope Fox doesn't forget how many sugars Mulgrew takes in his tea otherwise the players might down the tools again 😂😂😂

I hope the club haven't been daft enough to give more than a one year deal to fox after just 3 games

[QUOTE=Tannadicebunnet;40124595]
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I don't get why it's a hard one to swallow, the he only thing is I'd had waited for a month or so, he has steadied this but only been three away games so far[

It's hard to swallow for many reasons - that fox is a novice thats only managerial experience is a disastrous spell at cowdenbeath

Also hard to swallow that no decent experienced manager Is willing to consider managing United under the current structure.

We will all wish Fox well and congratulate the players on getting him the job . Let's just hope Fox doesn't forget how many sugars Mulgrew takes in his tea otherwise the players might down the tools again ������

I hope the club haven't been daft enough to give more than a one year deal to fox after just 3 games
    I also hope that Fox knows the rules,Charlie tells him when he fancy's training and not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Try telling that to the Cowdenbeath supporters.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...oach-liam-fox/
    Did that take a bit of digging? Bit futile really. The 2nd bit says a good bit about him though.
    Jim McLean won 1 of his first 7 games, 3 of his first 15. Would he have survived in these days of venomous posting?
    Forget our new saviour's Cowden calamity, there were bigger names entering & exiting Central Park at that time.
    The experience would have been invaluable though, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger & all that.
    And he was just 34, what were you like in your first job?

He'd probably find out where the venomous posters lived and kick phuck out of them. 🙂

Ha ha probably would have

I do get it's underwhelming from a name standpoint but made the point that names don't always work out, we saw that with Ross when most were happy with the appointment, a proper name who guarantees a good job done costs a lot of money

I think they could have held off for a while to see if the stability that he has brought continued, there was no rush but if it's how they want to go, previous lesser named appointments have worked

I really hope LF works out, he has handled himself really well in recent weeks

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Bannon on the wing, probably my favourite player…along with Luggie.

Mind you, Heggie, Narey, Hamish the Goalie, Ralphie, and the rest of the lads, ffs an emabassment of riches.

What a team JYM assembled.
    No surprise to say my favourite ever united player. Not saying the best ever but my personal pick as one of the great players at a time when we had an embarrassment of riches. Never to be repeated

I'm happy with Fox. Just give it to him till the end of season and take it from there. We've no got the money to attract a big name manager sfter the JR debacle. Or alot of other possible candidates maybe just won't work under TA , who knows?
    Put it this way 6 league games , 4 at home in October if we're no getting at least 9 points oot of them we're doon.

Prepared to give him a chance without calling for his head if we are still bottom by Christmas. Have the feeling though that this could go two ways, very very well or really badly - no middle ground

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Prepared to give him a chance without calling for his head if we are still bottom by Christmas. Have the feeling though that this could go two ways, very very well or really badly - no middle ground
    Middle ground it is then. 🤪

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)