+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tony Stewart hindering us

You & me both Scum..

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    You & me both Scum..
    Count me in

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    And me. I’d be quite happy mid table championship with the odd decent cup run.
    We already have that as we've reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup . It would be nice to just get those 2 wins that would take us as far as we've ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    We already have that as we've reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup . It would be nice to just get those 2 wins that would take us as far as we've ever been.

68 last time 5th round. Be nice to beat that.

Mid table championship.

You think this current squad will achieve it ?,

This is my point so far so good but the squad is to thin on the ground to carry on all season.

Tony warne said he wants to see commitment before he signs.

The signs are there we could not be in a relegation battle so surely now the times to release some decent funds before the window shuts.

Show some real ambition.

Secure league status now instead off playing devil's advocate and hoping in January we still have a chance and aren't chasing safety.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Mid table championship.

Tony ,warne said he wants to see commitment before he signs.
    Where did he say that?

Mid table championship.

This is my point so far so good but the squad is to thin on the ground to carry on all season.

The signs are there we could not be in a relegation battle so surely now the times to release some decent funds before the window shuts.

Show some real ambition.

Secure league status now instead off playing devil's advocate and hoping in January we still have a chance and aren't chasing safety.
    How did he play devil's advocate?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    68 last time 5th round. Be nice to beat that.
    Aye, two Jim Storrie goals saw us past Wolves and Aston Villa and only a twice taken penalty prevented us beating Leicester in the 5th Round

Mid table championship.

Show some real ambition.

There’s a good chance we will depending on injuries but the main thing for this season is just staying in the championship even if just by a thread surely then build on that
    One thing for sure is that we can’t go straight up (yes someone actually thinks we will) be absolutely stupid imo, needs a few seasons in championship before we even consider trying to get in Prem

I think most people on here would be happy if we became an established Championship side but I don't know how representative the contributors of this board are to the Millers public in general.
    I have the impression that a lot of the younger element (the future?) want more and would probably drift away if we weren't seriously competing to achieve something tangible.
    Talk of extending the stadium is a pipe dream as we already know the people of Rotherham won't turn up in sufficient numbers and there are only a handful of clubs whose supporters fill the away end now.
    Also, and this is perhaps the most salient point, the current economic climate with its spiralling costs is likely to curtail any likelihood of further development for the foreseeable future.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast