+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: £130,000,000 team

Quite entertaining trawling through the comments on the NEP site. Reality indeed.

Just put MoD on, Red necks on. First thing reporter says, so many new faces in the past few weeks. What I don't understand is Managers always cry that the team needs time to gel, well if thats the case, they have fcuk all chance of staying up with 21 new players

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    The Nottingham Evening Forest Post website reports that some were booing Cooper today after the game.
    Yes I noticed a significant change in tone on the BBC Nottingham Sport Pages. They will do very well to stay up but it appears their managers insistance on playing the nucleus of the squad that got them up is back firing. Which leaves him with a myriad of unknown quantities. they are basically going to start the new season a few games in already in the relegation zone with a ton of unknown quantities. This should and most probably will make for very amusing viewing.

Which month will Cooper be sacked? Hopefully not before they fall too far behind to realistically catch up.
    Could go bottom today if Leicester won, though that seems unlikely.

Crucial run of games now for Fword before the fixtures become very difficult again

Sat 10 leeds united
    Sat 17 FULHAM
    Sat 1 Oct leicester c.
    Sat 8 ASTON VILLA
    Sat 15 wolverhampton

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Which month will Cooper be sacked? Hopefully not before they fall too far behind to realistically catch up.

Crucial run of games now for Fword before the fixtures become very difficult again

Sat 10 leeds united
    Sat 17 FULHAM
    Sat 1 Oct leicester c.
    Sat 8 ASTON VILLA
    Sat 15 wolverhampton
    They really need at least 8-10 points from that lot. I can't see them getting 4.

Sat 10 leeds united
    Sat 17 FULHAM
    Sat 1 Oct leicester c.
    Sat 8 ASTON VILLA
    Sat 15 wolverhampton
    I can't see any of those games being easy. Leeds and Fulham are doing well Villa will improve. Maybe Leicester and Wolves? They are most prob targeting Forest for points!

Sat 10 leeds united
    Sat 17 FULHAM
    Sat 1 Oct leicester c.
    Sat 8 ASTON VILLA
    Sat 15 wolverhampton
    Tbf that's a very favourable run of games to allow a recovery and to amass some points. None of them should strike any fear into a dressing room of low confidence

If they don't get more than 6 they are going to be in big trouble. Really could go either way in those 5 games.

I accompanied a disabled supporter to the Forest v Bournemouth game yesterday, a few thoughts:

I felt the half-time score of 2-0 to Forest flattered them a little. For a short period before that Bournemouth had begun to pick things up a bit and starting to threaten. A five-minute VAR check and a converted penalty later, Forest had doubled the lead. Very much the proverbial 'game of two halves' Forest crumbled in the second half, as suggested by the scoreline. There were few successes for Forest yesterday with Johnson, a confident and skilled young player, being the pick of them in my opinion. The midfield retreated further and further whilst attacks were generally slow, ponderous and predictable. The build-up play tended to be based around knocking balls across the back, getting it out wide and dinking crosses in from deep positions, rather than getting to the bye line. This line of attack was well handled by Bournemouth with the Forest front three as well not being particularly strong in the air.

By comparison, Bournemouth's approach play was more sophisticated with short quick passes on the ground around the edge of the box trying to work openings.

The home teams' back three lacked pace and made potentially expensive errors, the type that will be frequently punished at this level, including one that came to fruition with Bournemouth's third goal after a mistake by McKenna.

The front three had no variety with three similar technically good players but little power of heading ability. A different type of forward in the mix was needed.

The midfield was shouting out for a leader in it's midst- someone to really pull things together - as there seemed no player of that type in the side.

Without any bias or condemnation intended I felt yesterday was a huge psychological blow for Forest - one that will be difficult to come to terms with. Three defeats in a week completed with this one with who might well prove to be a relegation rival. Three goals dropped in one half of football at home too.There was little to take from the game from the manager, players or the fans. The latter showed some disquiet as proceedngs went on with a few turning on the team and some general booing at the end. I see early signs of panic in Manager Cooper. It appears to be something of a shock too to myriad supporters who have casually predicted a 'mid-table finish'.

A thought that occurs is that if this huge quantity of signings don't work out ,for whatever reason, what then? Where is there to manoeuvre? Forest can't just keep signing more and more players and this crop of signings HAS to work or there is a huge problem. With all that in mind and judging just on this one performance, which is of course difficult, I see a very difficult season ahead for Forest where just surviving will be the focus.

Long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    They really need at least 8-10 points from that lot. I can't see them getting 4.
    That looks a more favourable run of games to gain points than say Arsenal, Liverpool, Man. Utd. and Chelsea. Now that would be a problem.
    Wolves struggle to score, Leicester and Villa are also struggling, Leeds are unpredictable but Fulham are playing well.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567