+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross County Away

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Do you honestly think fans on the pitch is a good idea, celebrating or not? Do you honestly think that in a bipartite game that the opposition supporters aren't going to respond? Do you think if Dons fans are on the pitch the great unwashed aren't going respond? Do you really want the SFA to have an excuse to have a go at our club, because for absolutely flocking certain if it happens in a hun game they most certainly will. Promoting such action is utterly ridiculous and totally against our club. Promoting pyro is just dangerous. Do you really think the hun will be intimidated by a few kids running onto the pitch? The last time that happened, remember the poor disabled man that got injured, yet hoe did a disabled man get onto the pitch? Everything is against us in a hun game and you want to encourage the SFA to have a go at us.

Wise the flock up.
    A lot of questions but one answer should justify the lot of them…..do what we can to make the huns intimidated and that will help the atmosphere, stuff the consequences (if any at all).

Do you honestly think fans on the pitch is a good idea, celebrating or not? Do you honestly think that in a bipartite game that the opposition supporters aren't going to respond? Do you think if Dons fans are on the pitch the great unwashed aren't going respond? Do you really want the SFA to have an excuse to have a go at our club, because for absolutely flocking certain if it happens in a hun game they most certainly will. Promoting such action is utterly ridiculous and totally against our club. Promoting pyro is just dangerous. Do you really think the hun will be intimidated by a few kids running onto the pitch? The last time that happened, remember the poor disabled man that got injured, yet hoe did a disabled man get onto the pitch? Everything is against us in a hun game and you want to encourage the SFA to have a go at us.

Wise the flock up.
    Get a grip ffs.
    The 'poor disabled man' you talk of was a well known thug who had many a scrape with the plod.
    Some people need to man up a little,if a wee bit of pyro and singing is too much for you stick to church on a sunday
    Last edited by nice1simmy; 06-09-2022 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Get a grip ffs.
    The 'poor disabled man' you talk of was a well known thug who had many a scrape with the plod.
    Some people need to man up a little,if a wee bit of pyro and singing is too much for you stick to church on a sunday
    My grip on the situation is pretty secure. The point about the disabled man was that the press concentrated on that trying to paint our support in a very bad light rather than on him and other huns being on the pitch. Deflection by the weegie press protecting their club whilst attacking ours. They take EVERY opportunity to do so.

A wee bit of pyro isn't manning up, it's dangerous.

Plus we weren't talking about singing, we were talking about running onto the pitch. If that happens, guaranteed our club will be hammered whilst ignoring anything the hun get up to.

As far as the point made by another poster re it was worse in the 70's, it would be an excellent idea to keep the 70's bad behaviour in the 70's. That resulted in the police treating ALL supporters like animals.

Predictably Beaton as ref as well too ensure total bias.

As far as the point made by another poster re it was worse in the 70's, it would be an excellent idea to keep the 70's bad behaviour in the 70's. That resulted in the police treating ALL supporters like animals.
    That’s not the point I’m making. I’m saying that nearly all young people who indulge in such behaviours tend to mature beyond them, and that we all do feel things when we’re young, feel, slimmer, and fail to realise the effects of idiotic behaviour. I believe that it was Mark Twain who said something like, “When I was 15, my father knew nothing. By the time I was 35, it was impressive how much he had learned”.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    That’s not the point I’m making. I’m saying that nearly all young people who indulge in such behaviours tend to mature beyond them, and that we all do feel things when we’re young, feel, slimmer, and fail to realise the effects of idiotic behaviour. I believe that it was Mark Twain who said something like, “When I was 15, my father knew nothing. By the time I was 35, it was impressive how much he had learned”.
    Granted. But there is no real excuse for encouraging the young and feel to behave in a way that will hurt our club.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Get a grip ffs.
    Spot on. Stuff the huns. Get the pyro’s going as it adds to the occasion and over celebrate EVERY goal we score against them. Pittodrie is needing a bit more edge to it.

I dinna mind a bit of confrontational singing/behaviour, I'm aware things can turn pwopah nawtee on occasion.
    A good atmosphere, with an edge,comes with those things filed under "occupational hazard ".

But for the life of me, I dinna see what "pyro" (or sqeebs as I'd call them) bring to the table in terms if atmosphere.
    Mebbes it's an age thing.
    Probably is.

Granted. But there is no real excuse for encouraging the young and feel to behave in a way that will hurt our club.
    I don’t think that I’d encourage it, but accept that it’s natural for the youthful to push the boundaries, and to be annoying ****s almost as rites of passage. I don’t understand the smoke bombs thing, and it’s a pain in the arris when they’re chucked around, but it’s probably just the 21st century equivalent of sneaking a half bottle in post-10 May 1980 when, despite the utter joy of watching those heathen ****s scrap on the Hampden turf, they spoiled it for us all. The ****ing scum filth ****s.

Other than the above, I have no strong feelings on the ****ing scum filth ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I dinna mind a bit of confrontational singing/behaviour, I'm aware things can turn pwopah nawtee on occasion.
    A good atmosphere, with an edge,comes with those things filed under "occupational hazard ".

But for the life of me, I dinna see what "pyro" (or sqeebs as I'd call them) bring to the table in terms if atmosphere.
    Mebbes it's an age thing.
    Probably is.
    No it’s nae

I love the smoke bombs
    They fair add to the atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I don’t think that I’d encourage it, but accept that it’s natural for the youthful to push the boundaries, and to be annoying ****s almost as rites of passage. I don’t understand the smoke bombs thing, and it’s a pain in the arris when they’re chucked around, but it’s probably just the 21st century equivalent of sneaking a half bottle in post-10 May 1980 when, despite the utter joy of watching those heathen ****s scrap on the Hampden turf, they spoiled it for us all. The ****ing scum filth ****s.

Other than the above, I have no strong feelings on the ****ing scum filth ****s.
    I was at that game
    Left at full time though, so missed the real entertainment of the day.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast