+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfer window, the morning after thoughts

The fans discontent with the failure to address the on field needs will become clear to the board tomorrow when the pigs batter us!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    The decline continues. The departures are not as many as we feared. The recruiting is just as we thought.
    Duff will be off by Christmas and his stock will be low. ( Just like our striker dept.).
    Iseka still here? Shocking.

Glad our £650 is still in the bank.
    The departures are definitely as bad as I feared.
    I hoped Collins, Helik and Morris would stay.
    Only Collins stayed.
    Add an experienced midfielder to that - and there is a strong spine there that would have done well in the 1st Division.

The players I wanted to leave have more or less left.
    With the exception of Moon who I believe needs to be loaned out - and also Obbi who needs to be taken off the books.

Others such as Palmer, Woodrow and Victor I’m glad they have gone.

There is a thread in itself to discuss the decline of Oduor and Appo who only a short while ago where knocking on the door of Leeds 1st Team - and who their fans were angry about after hearing they had been allowed to leave.

Jury is still out regarding Leya - because there is a player there.
    Glad to see Styles leave after his recent performances.

As for recruitment - it’s nowhere near what I expected.
    I expected - as Sheffield Wednesday have done - that strong physical players would be brought in (especially strikers) to cope with that side of 1st Division football.

So all in all the transfer window has been dismal and troubling - and a clear indication that something is not working at boardroom/CEO level within the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I'm pleased to see Andersen and Collins stay.
    Had they gone division two nailed on.
    They could be gone come the of January !
    I’m trying to stay positive in hope I’ve got everything wrong but I very much doubt it.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 02-09-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Mean while:

Barnsley Football Club can confirm that Callum Styles has signed a new contract at the Club and joins Millwall on a season-long loan.

Prior to departing South Yorkshire, the Hungarian international committed his future to the Club, putting pen to paper on a new deal that sees him extend his stay at the Reds until 2025.

The 22-year-old midfielder, who has featured eight times for the Reds this term, will link up with Gary Rowett’s side at the Den.

He has made 129 appearances in all competitions for the Reds since joining from Bury in August 2018.

Everyone at Oakwell wishes Callum the best of luck in his loan move.

"They don't want to go up " Board are pathetic and clueless , no ambition, no communication with fan's etc etc, Our Club is a laughing stock and deservedly so ,

In summary we have eleven leaving permanently this summer and three out on loan--

Helik
    Morris
    Woodrow
    Schmidt
    Brittain
    Adeboyeji
    Palmer
    Christie Davies
    Halme
    Jindu
    Miller

Styles (loan)
    Oulare (loan)
    Odour (loan)

Five out the seven better (in my opinion) players have gone--Helik, Styles, Morris, Woodrow, Brittain and two remain--Collins, Andersen

We have seven incoming transfers, six free and Phillips undisclosed--
    Phillips
    Norwood
    Cadden
    Connell
    Cundy
    McCarthy
    Searle

and three incoming loans--
    Edwards
    Martin
    Tedic

with returning loanees Kane and Thomas.

Anyone giving the current incumbents the benefit of the doubt and renewing their ST's on the basis of giving them a go will no doubt feel extremely let down I would imagine after the debacle yesterday .

The lack of actual competence at the club is alarming and it's heading towards " failed business " status if it isn't already .

The CEO should have been removed from his position two weeks ago following the Hex.Com scandal but he's still at the club to continue making more fuq ups no doubt .

The current incumbents collectively are a mirror image of the present UK government , not fit for office , no standards , littered with scandal and economically couldn't run a corner shop .

The same solution exists within the UK electorate as well as this club and that is nothing will improve until this present government are sent packing and the club's owners find a buyer and bugga off for good .

The vast majority of the club's family silver has now been sold , other than Styles and that's dependent on championship form there's very little money left to be collected to put out the financial fires which still rage .

The club aren't returning to the championship anytime soon and the squad now contains a majority of very average league one players at best plus Andersen .

The club is trashed , a shadow of it's history and nothing more than a little rich boys play thing and another local little rich boys computer game whilst he holds Mummy's hand .

The quirky Socceeer Mom in New York and her consortium of Lord Lucan's add to the tragedy .

Over and out .

Id hoped that things might look a bit better today, maybe not as bad as I/we first thought.
    But no, it does look bad that we din't bring in another striker, despite everything they have been saying to us.
    Nothings changed really has it, the Emperor has just put a different pair of mucky pants on thats all.
    It looks like the same to me, and Duff is borrowing Keef Hill's tightrope already.

Duff knew the score here , more fool him ? He wont lose anything apart from a bit of pride , he wont be here long IMO, and who can blame anyone for leaving this 💩 show of a once proud club ,

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Id hoped that things might look a bit better today, maybe not as bad as I/we first thought.
    But no, it does look bad that we din't bring in another striker, despite everything they have been saying to us.
    Nothings changed really has it, the Emperor has just put a different pair of mucky pants on thats all.
    It looks like the same to me, and Duff is borrowing Keef Hill's tightrope already.
    Hi Acido, I am sure it can't be that bad, you still should have a chance of getting a top 6 position, as for Styles if anything he should come back to you as a better player. Best of luck in your local derby.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast