+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millers sign new keeper - Robbie Hemfrey

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    You may laugh but just what exactly are the plans for this lad?

What’s his role in the set up?
    It's pretty obvios why he has been brought in.If one of our two star goalkeepers is injured he can step in on the bench.We must have seen some promise in the lad,so welcome Robbie to the NYS.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    It's pretty obvios why he has been brought in.If one of our two star goalkeepers is injured he can step in on the bench.We must have seen some promise in the lad,so welcome Robbie to the NYS.
    Does the emergency loan system for keepers still exist?

Do we really need to pay a wage to someone that might be a bench warmer but only under extreme conditions?

Or does the Gru plan of dropping one of the keepers and put the lad on the bench every week?

Do we really need to pay a wage to someone that might be a bench warmer but only under extreme conditions?

Or does the Gru plan of dropping one of the keepers and put the lad on the bench every week?
    I think it's to stop loaning goalkeepers like we have done in the past. Bring him on and see what happens. Don't forget Viktor hasn't re-signed for us yet. This lad could be No2 next season..............

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I think it's to stop loaning goalkeepers like we have done in the past. Bring him on and see what happens. Don't forget Viktor hasn't re-signed for us yet. This lad could be No2 next season..............
    That would make more sense

The emergency loan system is allowed if both our first team goalkeepers were to get injured, if only one got injured we'd have to go with no keeper on the bench. Chapman made the bench several times last season including the final at Wembley and the promotion run in. Would you have liked us to go in to those games with no keeper on the bench? I know I wouldn't.

Hemfrey, and Chapman before him, don't count as 'First team' keepers as neither of them have made a senior appearance. So if Viktor and Vickers were to get injured we'd still probably sign an experienced emergency loan keeper anyway with Hemfrey on the bench. Hemfrey was no more than 4th choice keeper at Stoke, he'll probably be one of, if not the, lowest paid player in our squad.

Any fee involved or was it a case of "I'm free Mr Hemfrey"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12