+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheff Wensdy v Barnsley match thoughts

I was absolutely amazed how poor Wendy were without wanting to take anything from our lads .

We simply shut down their wing backs and they simply had no answer to it , it really was men against boys this afternoon and I don't think I've ever seen us school that lot ever at Hillsborough in all the time I've seen us play them in quite the way we did today .

I'm not getting carried away by any means because we are likely to be dreadful against Portsmouth next Saturday just as we were very good today .

I'll make a prediction and say Big Daz won't be in charge by November .

He was clueless today despite a bench full of players who with different tactics and a change should have caused us real problems .

Just to add you should have seen that lot head for the exits and there was 10 minutes left plus the usual 5 minutes added time .

By the 85th minute the Kop and North Stand were half full .

WAAW my ass .

😂😂😂😂

From all I have read it sounds like a convincing performance. Well done Duff and his players.
    All wins at Hillsborough are precious and to be savoured.

The league is beginning to take shape but still too early to make a judgement on prospects. The raw emotion of the win over the Wendies will affect what fans say and wipes away the memories of the Wycombe and Lincoln games. The win may prove to be pivotal and give confidence to rise from mid table (W3 D1 L3) and produce consistent results.

Bring on the Pompey.

Up the Duff.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 04-09-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just to add you should have seen that lot head for the exits and there was 10 minutes left plus the usual 5 minutes added time .

By the 85th minute the Kop and North Stand were half full .

WAAW my ass .

😂😂😂😂
    The Wendy fans thought they were going to walk the league - that bubble has been well and truly popped.
    Hence the mass exodus from the ground.
    And for all of us that shop at Cortonwood it was a great sight to behold.

Why Cortonwood???
    Because people from the Barnsley District of Wombwell, Hoyland, Elsecar, Bolton, Goldthorpe and Thurnscoe shop there - and it’s quite common there to see a Wendies wearing their blue and white striped pyjamas top - trying to convince others that they were not born and raised in the Barnsley District.
    What I’m saying here is that all Barnsley supporters will be relishing this win - but those of us that live in the south of district will be relishing it that little bit more.

Just had a browse on owlstalk and on the whole, it's reasonable posting from their supporters, fair and bslanced. Of course you get the odd numpty with the 'Cup Final' comments still after all these years. You'd have thowt that the penny would've dropped after 20 odd years outside the top flight mostly treading water in the championship and also in league one.

Back to back league victories at Hillsborough is summat I thowt I'd never see. Not because of how massive and superior they are, but because they have been the luckiest barstewards in our encounters more times than I care to remember. Going right back to 1997 when Di Canio (who should've been sent off earlier in the game) got a last minute winner in a game we didn't deserve to lose. Countless times we've been there and played well only to be fecked over by a referee or late winner. The wounds are deep. Perhaps the tide is finally turning. Tha can't constantly be lucky for eternity can tha? Seeing Hillsborough empty so rapidly yesterday was a lovely sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    The Wendy fans thought they were going to walk the league - that bubble has been well and truly popped.
    Hence the mass exodus from the ground.
    And for all of us that shop at Cortonwood it was a great sight to behold.

Why Cortonwood???
    Because people from the Barnsley District of Wombwell, Hoyland, Elsecar, Bolton, Goldthorpe and Thurnscoe shop there - and it’s quite common there to see a Wendies wearing their blue and white striped pyjamas top - trying to convince others that they were not born and raised in the Barnsley District.
    What I’m saying here is that all Barnsley supporters will be relishing this win - but those of us that live in the south of district will be relishing it that little bit more.

Doubt tha'll see any Wednesday colours art today Nudger, they lost so will still be in mourning.

People who are born and raised in Tarn yet go and support that shower of shyte baffles me. They must really feel part of it when the Wednesdayites chant anti Barnsley things like Dingles, Scrubbers, Sign on etc. I just don't get it. How can tha sit amidst folk slating thi own Tarn weer tha wo born and raised? Crackers really and unexplainable in my eyes. Even if the Owls were a regular Premiership team with a good side I would half understand due to the fickle nature of some folk but still never justify it.

The camera just missed it but Kitching put one on Liam Palmer in the first 30 seconds alright .

He was down for a good two minutes before getting to his feet , looked extremely winded and shaken up .

It defiantly put a marker down for the rest of the game .

What a great result and what a fantastic team performance and I have to admit it, as I slate him when I think he's crap, but Anderson had a right game, best I've seen him play imo. Couldn't be more pleased for the whole squad and the travelling fans. If we can keep repeating performances like that week in week out we'll definitely be in play offs or even automatic. Well done you super Wendy beating Reds.
    I still think the owners are pilchards though

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The camera just missed it but Kitching put one on Liam Palmer in the first 30 seconds alright .

He was down for a good two minutes before getting to his feet , looked extremely winded and shaken up .

It defiantly put a marker down for the rest of the game .
    Difficult to get away with in this day and age but this is the kind of thing that needs to be done when the odds are against you going into a tough game. Upset em and as the old saying guz- "lerrum know tha theear"

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Difficult to get away with in this day and age but this is the kind of thing that needs to be done when the odds are against you going into a tough game. Upset em and as the old saying guz- "lerrum know tha theear"
    Best performance I've seen from Kitching yesterday by a mile , looked comfortable at LWB .

The lad can carry the ball forward and gives you height too , needs to work on his crossing though .

Couldn't fault the lad yesterday and gave Liam Palmer a torrid time all afternoon .

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast