+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gone.

My head is a shed after recent events.
    I have a couple of questions that maybe somebody smarter than me can answer.
    1)Can we actively recruit a Head Coach while our current one is still in post, albeit inactively?
    2)Also a number of posts lately hinting at some players downing tools in order to potentially undermine the Head Coach. Do such players, if proven to have acted in this way, breach the Rules and Regulations of UEFA on Integrity?

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    My head is a shed after recent events.
    I have a couple of questions that maybe somebody smarter than me can answer.
    1)Can we actively recruit a Head Coach while our current one is still in post, albeit inactively?
    2)Also a number of posts lately hinting at some players downing tools in order to potentially undermine the Head Coach. Do such players, if proven to have acted in this way, breach the Rules and Regulations of UEFA on Integrity?
    1 it's been done before, presumably with juggled Job Descriptions (McCoist springs to mind) but logic suggests it would be safer to reach agreement on pay off terms with Ross first.
    2 plenty players have downed tools over the years but not heard of one who's been done by UEFA. Balotelli must have been close a couple of times though!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Why does this need to be seen as anything bigger than a coach moving on
    Because it's Tony Asghars son.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Because it's Tony Asghars son.
    and the job was way way way above his pay grade in the first instance.His promotion to the first team dugout was held up by Micky Mellon who refused to accept it.Then Tam got appointed ahead of all the exciting candidates that Tony had shortlisted and Adam's promotion was confirmed.

I have no idea why Adam has resigned,maybe he is going to Honved,another job or he has fallen out with his old man?.Its another worrying development under Tony's regime though.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    and the job was way way way above his pay grade in the first instance.His promotion to the first team dugout was held up by Micky Mellon who refused to accept it.Then Tam got appointed ahead of all the exciting candidates that Tony had shortlisted and Adam's promotion was confirmed.

I have no idea why Adam has resigned,maybe he is going to Honved,another job or he has fallen out with his old man?.Its another worrying development under Tony's regime though.
    In the first instance maybe, but promotions come with pay rises. Much like Tam was given a promotion & a pay rise. I doubt anyone on here actually knows how good/bad a coach he is to be able to decide what level of pay grade he should be working at. For all we know he could be away to Swansea with Goldie. If he's going to another job then I'm not so sure it's a worrying development. People move on to better themselves all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    In the first instance maybe, but promotions come with pay rises. Much like Tam was given a promotion & a pay rise. I doubt anyone on here actually knows how good/bad a coach he is to be able to decide what level of pay grade he should be working at. For all we know he could be away to Swansea with Goldie. If he's going to another job then I'm not so sure it's a worrying development. People move on to better themselves all the time.
    Its the number of people moving on that worries me mate off the park more than on it to be fair.Have you heard anything regarding our hospitality?,i know someone who works in the GF and they told me its been dead since we removed free spirits from the menu and i have been told that at least two companies who spent a fortune on boxes and tables on full season deals have pulled out due to falling out with The Sporting Director.

For the Livi game for instance it was so undersold United came out with a special deal way below the normal price to try and entice fans in but it was still dead in the GF anyway.It was also vastly undersold for the AZ game which really should have been a sell out,Anyone doubting this info should have a wee look at the official where they have now offered spirits again but only if you pay an extra supplement advertised as a bolt on.

Edit to add one of the companies who pulled out of Hospo were spending around 20 to 25 grand a season as it was a table for 10 deal.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 02-09-2022 at 10:11 PM.

BTW anyone thinking i just like digging up shyte about our Sporting Director are sadly mistaken,i would like nothing better than to post how well he is doing etc but sorry i keep getting told negative stories about him and i feel duty bound to post some of them.I am not comparing him to ST but there are now times when i avoid posting on here as i did during Thomson junior's reign because there was F ALL good to post.

I was at a Sid James function last Saturday afternoon and the first two boys i spoke to brought up The Sporting Director and Butcher, kinda spoilt the day to be honest.

Not sure you like digging TA but you do it quite a lot. FWIW, I'd be wary with everything you hear about TA. There is a sizeable number of our long established fans simply don't like the guy and d bad mouth him up whether he deserves it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its the number of people moving on that worries me mate off the park more than on it to be fair.Have you heard anything regarding our hospitality?,i know someone who works in the GF and they told me its been dead since we removed free spirits from the menu and i have been told that at least two companies who spent a fortune on boxes and tables on full season deals have pulled out due to falling out with The Sporting Director.

For the Livi game for instance it was so undersold United came out with a special deal way below the normal price to try and entice fans in but it was still dead in the GF anyway.It was also vastly undersold for the AZ game which really should have been a sell out,Anyone doubting this info should have a wee look at the official where they have now offered spirits again but only if you pay an extra supplement advertised as a bolt on.

Edit to add one of the companies who pulled out of Hospo were spending around 20 to 25 grand a season as it was a table for 10 deal.
    Haven't heard anything about hospo tbh. I know the Alkmaar game was well into three figures of packages sold whereas the Livi game was about a third of that. I do know the hospo, and all catering for that matter, is in house now and Utd are making far more money from it than they used to when it was franchised out.

As for folk leaving, who are you talking about? The managers speak for themselves obviously. Asghar junior which we know nothing about yet. Goldie who was offered a life changing package at Swansea including a 5 bed house in the Welsh countryside. I can't really think of anyone else? Unless you're on about Paul Reid from commercial and the volunteer guy?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Not sure you like digging TA but you do it quite a lot. FWIW, I'd be wary with everything you hear about TA. There is a sizeable number of our long established fans simply don't like the guy and d bad mouth him up whether he deserves it or not.
    Have you heard about how empty Hospo has been Terence?,i was told some of the staff were able to sit with the punters like the ex players would because there was nothing else for them to do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)