+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings

Player Ratings

Here's what I think watching it on the box last night - Bring back Saturday 3pm Kick offs Grrrr

Button - 6 Had nothing really to do, only let in a pen. A bit unfortunate to give it away
    TGH - 6.5 Did some things well but also gave the ball away a couple of times, is better than Furlong. I would stick with him at RB
    Townsend - 4 Poor game, almost gave a 2nd goal away with a suicide header back to GK. His crossing & final ball has to improve.
    Bartley - 6 Did okay I thought, but should have been more aware for their goal. I think he gets more stick than he deserves.
    O'Shea - 7 Probably the pick of our defenders, missed a great chance just before HT. Like the way he carries the ball out of defence
    Molumby - 8 I thought he played well, got around the pitch
    Yokuslu - 6 Played their striker onside for the goal, otherwise would have been a 7
    Swift - 7 Some decent passes, worked hard, put the cross in for the goal
    Diangana - 4 Really poor I thought. Gave the ball away constantly, no end product
    Wallace - 9 MOTM for me, constant quality crosses in and is a real attacking threat
    Grant - 7 Worked hard, playing out of position but he put a shift in

I would agree 123 with most of that but to give Grant 7 and Diangana 4, really? We do need to look to get cover for Townsend whose form has deteriorated this season.

Largely agree ... except as said above on Grant and Diangana. Thought Grant was pretty non-existent - not sure where he fits into this team tbh. Diangana played in fits and starts - sometimes a threat then drifts out for long periods and still looks a bit lightweight. But Townsend is becoming a real liability ... not sure who is covering the LB position as back-up.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I would agree 123 with most of that but to give Grant 7 and Diangana 4, really? We do need to look to get cover for Townsend whose form has deteriorated this season.
    Totally agree Tipp! Would change the 7 for Diangana who looks threatening and a 4 for Grant who looked like he did in a number of matches - non existent and no threat!

The game is all about opinions. Perhaps I gave Grant 1 to many, but I stand by Diangana's rating. It really does my head in when players give the ball away so cheaply and he does it regularly.

I also can't think of too many times lately where Diangana has been threatening. He was woeful against Wigan as well. He's not effecting the game enough in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Largely agree ... except as said above on Grant and Diangana. Thought Grant was pretty non-existent - not sure where he fits into this team tbh. Diangana played in fits and starts - sometimes a threat then drifts out for long periods and still looks a bit lightweight. But Townsend is becoming a real liability ... not sure who is covering the LB position as back-up.
    I think Grant would fit in well in Diangana's position actually. Maybe when Dike comes back form injury he could slot in there.

Back up to Townsend has to be Reach. More performances from him like last night and I'd consider the swap.

It’s starting to look like Grant and Furlong are the whipping boys on this Forum. Both are good players. When you don’t like someone it doesn’t matter what they do. Even the commentators said Grant worked hard.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    It’s starting to look like Grant and Furlong are the whipping boys on this Forum. Both are good players. When you don’t like someone it doesn’t matter what they do. Even the commentators said Grant worked hard.

That’s not correct Boingy! I like Grant but never a striker and mostly ineffective in the number 9 role. I would play 4-4-2 and give Grant and Asante a try together!

Furlong and Townsend have been consistently poor and seems the view at away games too and not just this forum. TGH needs an opportunity and he could become a great young player. Needs to start against Coventry!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    That’s not correct Boingy! I like Grant but never a striker and mostly ineffective in the number 9 role. I would play 4-4-2 and give Grant and Asante a try together!

Furlong and Townsend have been consistently poor and seems the view at away games too and not just this forum. TGH needs an opportunity and he could become a great young player. Needs to start against Coventry!
    I think Furlong and Townsend have been great for us overall. Why do you think their form has dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I think Furlong and Townsend have been great for us overall. Why do you think their form has dropped?
    Roy Keane use to say it is only consistency over the full season will get you a chance to win anything.
    He talked about one season where utd went I think it was 16 games unbeaten but still one nothing.
    Personally, I think too much emphasis is put on having a good game. After that game you can have a bad game but it's ok cause you played well before.
    Consistency is a discipline that takes time to develop. It can't be learned after a few decent games....quite a few players don't get that.But I think money turns heads as well...if you are on a very good wage and then add in bonuses, it's pure jam for mediocre players today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)