+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Capping Energy bills

O/T Capping Energy bills

At £2,500 for next 2 years. Works out at £208 a month. Better than what it said it was going to go up to but it's like a double rise. I'd like to know how you keep bills to that amount how much gas/electric you can use before you pay more?

They'll just print more money like they did with Covid.

We'll pay for it in the end, like Weimar Germany, wheelbarrow full of banknotes to pay for a loaf of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    At £2,500 for next 2 years. Works out at £208 a month. Better than what it said it was going to go up to but it's like a double rise. I'd like to know how you keep bills to that amount how much gas/electric you can use before you pay more?

or if you use less gas/electric than the amount the cap is set at do you get a reduction on what you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    They'll just print more money like they did with Covid.

We'll pay for it in the end, like Weimar Germany, wheelbarrow full of banknotes to pay for a loaf of bread.
    Have they got a sale on?

It will be a cap on the unit price so if you use more you will still pay more.

How will you know? They ought to tell you based on how much you used last year if you would be paying more.

I’ve built a Norwegian marmite. It’s one of the things I fabricated with my pupils at work. They’re a bit complicated to make but I had all of the material to put one together.

What do you do with it?
    You can cook a stew, ratatouille and anything that takes a long time to cook.

How to use.
    Thoroughly heat your veg, meat through I your pan or dish. You don’t have to soften the veg because when you place the hot pan/dish with the boiling liquid.

The easiest way to make one (although this is theoretical) is to take a cool box, drill some holes in it and then fill the void with filler foam. You could try it without modifying the cool box but modifying it won’t ruin it it’ll make it more efficient as a cooler.

You’ll find that if you put a pan of boiling water in one you’ll find the water is still hot several hours later.
    Put veg or a stew in and it’ll continue to cook free of charge.

If the stews not full cooked then reheat and pop it back in the marmite.

Mine works very well and the less air you have around it the better it works. Putting pieces of polystyrene in a bag and filling the void works brilliantly.

You can find instructions for a Norwegian marmite on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    How will you know? They ought to tell you based on how much you used last year if you would be paying more.
    gru, save your wind-ups for football topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    gru, save your wind-ups for football topics.

No wind-up. In the past I've just got the bill & payed it. Not got a clue about the unit price. Anyone else same?

I should imagine it would be similar to vat

A levy to repay the loan the energy company takes out, so the more energy you use the bigger the levy amount would be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast