+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player of the month, who gets your vote ?

Player of the month, who gets your vote ?

Mine vote goes to Luke Thomas. Been through the mill this lad in recent times and hopefully is now through the other side.
    A big well done from me.

Link to vote:
    https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20...-of-the-month/
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 06-09-2022 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Link

Benson for his goals.

Good choices Poggy and Eths , my selection is Mads though , making him Captain looks a good move and one he's certainly relishing , his game has improved beyond my expectations of him , good to see , "must be worth a few bob in january !!"

I'll go for Andersen.
    The defence would be a lot more vunerable without him, especially now Helik has gone.

Mads for me, I will put my hand up & say that I was not one of his greatest fans but this season he has shown matured performances & has been very consistent , being made captain seems to have brought the best out in him.

Not banging mi own drum here ….
    but I predicted that this season we would have 4 players that were currently viewed as cr@p, rubbish, inadequate etc and needed stringing up from the nearest tree - that would actually come good.

I was told that I was talking piffle and was just a WUM.
    Those players were ….
    Thomas
    Benson
    Cole
    Oduor

Odour hasn’t been able to secure a place in the team and has been loaned out - but I still think there is a very good player there.

As for the other 3, they have started - and it is only a start - to play well.
    I think there is much more to come from them.
    But if I had to choose one then it would be Luke Thomas - who amongst other things terrorised Sheff Wednesday.

Thomas needs to stop losing possession so easily but he does look better at this level but its not easy to judge after what is a very small sample.

Got to be Luke Thomas, he’s been at it every game finding that pocket in between, I agree with Ethel though sometimes great opportunities are not taken by a lazy or inexperienced pass, I know it’s the hardest pass in football , but he can be very wasteful. His energy n positivity has been eye catching though fair play to the lad for getting his career and head back on track