+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loris Karius

Loris Karius

Apparently we are making a deal with him.

Decent backup I'd say, even if he's mostly remembered for that Champions League final...

aye, the lad had a nightmare in the CL final, but all keepers have a nightmare at some point, unfortunately his was with the world watching.

I dont know anything about him really other than he played for the red tramps and his CL gaffes. He must have something about him for them to buy him in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    aye, the lad had a nightmare in the CL final, but all keepers have a nightmare at some point, unfortunately his was with the world watching.
    Exactly. I read that he suffered a concussion during that final (an elbow in the face from the pig Ramos) but continued to play, subsequently making a number of errors. It could sound like spin in order to deflect blame on him, but the doctor that handled him post-match said that he was most certainly affected by this concussion (as one would be).

Just to provide a fair bit of context to the poor lad. Hopefully he's past it now - I see he was a backup keeper at Union Berlin last season, so probably not the biggest talent anymore at 29, but with PL experience etc. he would be a good second choice to Pope.

Fancy our number 2 getting injured a few days after the transfer window closes. I don't know how long ankle ligaments take to heal. All I know about Karius, Is he has spent the last few seasons out on loan. I don't think he has impressed too much. Those clubs would of snapped him up when his contract finished. Apparently he is the German goalkeeper version of
    Dele alli. Was fantastic for a few years when he was younger. Then fell out of love with football.

He was with Citeh for two seasons in his late ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Apparently we are making a deal with him.

Decent backup I'd say, even if he's mostly remembered for that Champions League final...
    So why have we got Gillespie?

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    To put the kettle on?

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    We got him because he was in Ashley's budget, Free.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    Apparently he is the German goalkeeper version of
    Dele alli……
    OK, stop right there.

Don’t want him.

The lad is still only 29... he was only 24 or 25 when he had that champions league final nightmare. The (wonderful, best in the world) Kop destroyed the kid for it...

He is better cover than Gillespie AND somebody needed bringing in, as a club NEEDS 3 keepers

Give the kid a chance, should he be required

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)