+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All games will be off this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Like so many on here 2 mins silence/applause would have been appropriate, the authorities that run Sport in the UK are past their sell buy date and embarrassing , it's no fault on whoever governs this country , it's the tophats who haven't got a clue about eg Booking tickets, travel arrangements , hotels all planned months in advance , I had been told around 2k pompey fans were due on Saturday ? I hope they get reimbursed for their efforts , I feel sure our late Queen would have preferred all sporting events to go ahead , some que jumping for a knighthood in the honours list ?? Hopefully not , God bless the Queen ♥ and good luck The King Charles the 3rd , hard act to follow , Best Wishes ,
    I was thinking the same when they cancelled the hoss racing Roma , the old lass loved an afternoon at the races and I wouldn't imagine for one minute she'd have wanted to call it all off .

All of this protocol and what have you regarding a monarch passing is from another time , 70 years since we've had this and things have moved on .

Different times 70 years ago to the world today .

It's a harsh phrase and I try to never say it to be honest, but life does indeed go on and they could have handled this much better. 👎

Postponing sports events is just jumping on the band wagon by the spineless moth ball suits it's totally ott
    2 mins silence and black armbands are sufficient to show respect

I wonder if everybody is going to say they want to go into work when they give everyone the day off for the funeral?
    Surely seeing it on the 6 o’clock news should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I wonder if everybody is going to say they want to go into work when they give everyone the day off for the funeral?
    Surely seeing it on the 6 o’clock news should be enough.
    It wouldn't be a problem for me personally Doggy , not bothered about a day off , in fact I'd sooner work .

The 6 o'clock news wouldn't be getting watched either .

Well you did ask .

Good for you but Im sure you’d be in the minority though

Good for you but Im sure you’d be in the minority though
    Maybe , the most complained about programme in UK television history was the coverage by the beeb of the death of the Duke Of Edinburgh .

So who knows Doggy .

There will be enough pomp and ceremony on the bbc this comming week to make any royalist have withdrawal symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Maybe , the most complained about programme in UK television history was the coverage by the beeb of the death of the Duke Of Edinburgh .

So who knows Doggy .
    And of the 65 million population of the UK what percentage would that have been?

And of the 65 million population of the UK what percentage would that have been?
    I don't know other than I read today that it was .

The article wasn't anti royalist by any means it just said they need to get the balance right based on what happened with the Duke Of Edinburgh .

Balance is important because not everyone is for the Royals in varying degrees .

I reckon if a referendum took place to decide whether to keep it you'd be looking at 60% to keep it and 40% not to give or take .

Just my opinion mind .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast