+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All games will be off this weekend

All games will be off this weekend

Going to be a mixed reaction to this and it will divide opinion .

Two minutes silence and players wearing black armbands would have sufficed in my opinion but I respect other opinions who may feel differently .

as they should be as should all sport in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Going to be a mixed reaction to this and it will divide opinion .

Two minutes silence and players wearing black armbands would have sufficed in my opinion but I respect other opinions who may feel differently .

I think its hard on those who have made travel plans and paid money to have these last minute change and I think that organisations should allow for ticket refunds/transfers to help smooth the next week or so. I wasn't a strong royalist but I sense and share in the nations grief for this most exceptional of circumstance and albeit for the practicalities for some of sporting events to be cancelled, Ill go with what the country sees fit. We can look forward to the match another day. Just my opinion. No slight on anyone elses.

I have read some very distasteful and insensitive comments on twitter etc .... there are some real cretins out there.
    TO BE CLEAR ANIMAL, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU

This is hopefully a once in a lifetime occasion for everyone so I’ve no problem with football being shut down.
    Sometimes your own wants and needs have to be put on the back burner and this is one of those times.

Let the games go ahead imo. Life goes on. Minutes silence will suffice

Looks like the Rugby League Play offs will go ahead as planned.

The new Premiership Rugby Union season due to start tonight moved back just one day, so starting now tomorrow.

There's a very significant saying that's said on these sad occasions , it's hundreds of years old .

" The Queen is dead long live the King "

What it means is , we've a new monarch , things are in order and taken care of , it's a sad time but life and things go on .

Yesterday the nation grieved , today it reflects and remembers .

Life goes on .

Two minutes silence would have sufficed with the players wearing black armbands .

Life goes on .

Big rethink for tomorrow afternoon but I don’t think it will be too difficult to navigate.
    A steady walk by the Mediterranean with the odd watering hole thrown in, a little better than Meadowhall.
    Back for the chill of December when it be interesting to see how the reds fair at that stage of the season.
    I’ve turned the thermostat down.
    “God Save The King”

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's a very significant saying that's said on these sad occasions , it's hundreds of years old .

" The Queen is dead long live the King "

What it means is , we've a new monarch , things are in order and taken care of , it's a sad time but life and things go on .

Yesterday the nation grieved , today it reflects and remembers .

Life goes on .

Two minutes silence would have sufficed with the players wearing black armbands .

Life goes on .
    I understand what you’re saying but I’m sure one days football being postponed isn’t going to get people heading for Beachy Head.
    It doesn’t matter if you are pro royal or anti royal If we can’t put up with one match being put back a few week for such a monumental moment in British history then we’ve become a very sad and selfish society.

Like so many on here 2 mins silence/applause would have been appropriate, the authorities that run Sport in the UK are past their sell buy date and embarrassing , it's no fault on whoever governs this country , it's the tophats who haven't got a clue about eg Booking tickets, travel arrangements , hotels all planned months in advance , I had been told around 2k pompey fans were due on Saturday ? I hope they get reimbursed for their efforts , I feel sure our late Queen would have preferred all sporting events to go ahead , some que jumping for a knighthood in the honours list ?? Hopefully not , God bless the Queen ♥ and good luck The King Charles the 3rd , hard act to follow , Best Wishes ,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast