+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now is the right time to kneel.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Stop press. Our resident know all gets his knickers in a twist again.
    Can't help himself.

Can put up a OT post anytime he likes to make his points. He prefers to read the forum regularly and waits to pounce. Whatever the subject, he appears to be an expert.

Without doubt, one of the most privileged white males who regularly posts on here. Loves talking about his travel exploits and his status.

Yet he feels the constant need to harp on about injustice. Only his opinion counts.

Wouldn't surprise me, to see him to pop up on a luxury yacht with Emma Thompson, Greta Thunberg and the like.

The utter hypocrisy of his contributions is a joy to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Can't help himself.

Can put up a OT post anytime he likes to make his points. He prefers to read the forum regularly and waits to pounce. Whatever the subject, he appears to be an expert.

Without doubt, one of the most privileged white males who regularly posts on here. Loves talking about his travel exploits and his status.

Yet he feels the constant need to harp on about injustice. Only his opinion counts.

Wouldn't surprise me, to see him to pop up on a luxury yacht with Emma Thompson, Greta Thunberg and the like.

a legend in his own lunchtime

Can't help himself.

What bizarre things to get upset about.

Why can't I reply to other people's posts? This is the oddest.

I feel very lucky, I agree, but why does that mean I can't express my opinions or be in favour of equality?

I have only ever discussed my travel in the context of any discussion at the time, I've never started threads to boast about them like some posters do. I'm in the USA at the moment, and then I'll be heading to Greece next week to go out on my friend's boat. Have I mentioned it? Greta and Emma will not be on it either.

How does expressing my opinion invalidate other people's opinions? If you think it's because I'm the only person willing to back up and articulate my positions that's not my fault.

I'm genuinely confused as to how being opposed to injustice is hypocritical?

Your post just doesn't seem very well thought out.

I'm a Republican but felt sadness at the passing of the Queen , it surprised me to be honest but there you are .

However since her passing I've had a good look at what it must be like to live in North Korea but thankfully it's only 10 days and not a lifetime .

You do like to use the ‘why are you upset’ line.

Yeah, I’m well known for being over sensitive. You are condescending tool.

Start a new OT thread for your outpouring of injustice in the world and leave the people to show a bit of respect this week. It’s not much to ask.

I wonder what’s so ‘we’ll thought out’ with constantly baiting people at every opportunity on a footy messageboard?

We’ll done you.

Start a new OT thread for your outpouring of injustice in the world and leave the people to show a bit of respect this week. It’s not much to ask.

I wonder what’s so ‘we’ll thought out’ with constantly baiting people at every opportunity on a footy messageboard?

We’ll done you.
    Howdy, I'm not wishing to get drawn into the debate, but just pointing out that the actual o/p is an overtly political post that is baiting people who don't oppose taking the knee for social injustice.

The 'God Save the Queen' post was more suitable to pay respects and has (apart from a ludicrous spat with 2 posters) been suitably respectful. This o/p and thread is overtly political and was only intended to score a point. Which is fair enough, but don't seem why you seem so upset (sorry, but you do) that someone posts an oppositional point to it on a public message board. C'est la vie. Don't read or post on it if it offends you.
    Last edited by ragingpup; 11-09-2022 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Illiteracy

We’ll done you.
    There is a thread about the Queen, and a thread about the King.

I refer you to my previous post... this is a political thread created by the OP with the motivation to express that they think taking the knee for social justice is a less worthy cause than for the monarchy/Queen.

Creating such a thread in the first place probably isn't the most respectful thing - itself a form of baiting, but I'm the one who gets all the flak, fascinating hypocrisy.

I am genuinely confused as to why you are so upset.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    There is a thread about the Queen, and a thread about the King.

I refer you to my previous post... this is a political thread created by the OP with the motivation to express that they think taking the knee for social justice is a less worthy cause than for the monarchy/Queen.

Creating such a thread in the first place probably isn't the most respectful thing - itself a form of baiting, but I'm the one who gets all the flak, fascinating hypocrisy.

I am genuinely confused as to why you are so upset.
    Maybe because “ Your post just doesn't seem very well thought out”

So flak deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe because “ Your post just doesn't seem very well thought out”

So flak deserved
    To be fair, I also took the effort to challenge all the things I didn't think made sense, and I've not had a single one of those addressed, so I still have good reason to think that.

That's how discussion is supposed to work, but my reasonable questions go unanswered.

Some people think reasonable questions are baiting. I think that says more about them and their insecurity in the quality of their arguments than it does about me.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    To be fair, I also took the effort to challenge all the things I didn't think made sense, and I've not had a single one of those addressed, so I still have good reason to think that.

That's how discussion is supposed to work, but my reasonable questions go unanswered.
    But only in your world are they deemed to be reasonable

So folks can’t be arsed to argue against them, particularly when you finish your posts with some form of insult

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast